Sunday 26 January 2020

It's parkrun Time!

Hello blog readers.

We are still doing parkrun tourism and yesterday we Angels decided on Danson Park, Bexley parkrun.  It's one that we have done before, a very pretty park with a little lake, geese and ducks.  It even boasts it's own mansion house, Danson House!

We had to leave earlier than usual, Naggy and me drove to pick up SnappyH and then drove to Bexley.  We had trouble parking, it seems like Bexley parkrun is becoming popular too!  We managed to find a place at the end of the road, parked up and then started our walk to the start line.  As we were approaching it we could see that it looked as if hey were ready for the off! We were still approaching the start line.  "I think they have started" said SnappyH!  We looked again and then saw that they had actually started, it was just about a minute passed nine!  Well that's a first for us, arriving late for the start of a parkrun.  That put us all on the backfoot straight off, playing catch-up to the tailwalkers.  That wasn't easy on cold legs!  Naggy and Benji just seemed to run off into the distance, disappearing in the crowds.  They deffo caught up and overtook the tailwalkers with no probably.  I just knew Naggy would be running non stop all the way.  I stayed with SnappyH for only a short while!  My upper body was getting pretty warm, I had my fleece on!  I really should have left it at the start of the run, but I didn't see the buckets they use to collect all the jackets and and fleeces.  Naggy had left hers on a bench before we started.  I wished I had.

I had to walk for a bit and take my jacket off and tie it around my waist and put my keys in my Flipbelt, as they were in my jacket pocket! SnappyH was pulling away from me as I was faffing about with tying my sleeves around my waist, etc etc.  I still had to try  and catch up to the tailwalkers.  I knew I would do it it, I was closing them down.  When I got to them I felt quite pleased with myself.  Why? I don't know, after all they were walking and I was running!  I managed to pass some other walk/runners as I did my first lap of the park.

It really is a lovely venue, on my first lap a gaggle of geese flew low over the boating lake, it was at times like that that I wished I had my phone in my hand to capture what looked like, could have been a beautiful photo!  The second lap I managed to ditch my jacket on a bench just by the finish funnel, I thought I would collect it just before running through it.  It was then after about 10 meters or so that I saw the buckets!  Oh well, I am sure my jacket will still be there when I got back!

I passed a few more runners on my second lap, I also played cat and mouse with a parkrunner, she overtook me then I overtook her.  There was also a walker too, she could walk faster than me when I was walking and she caught up and overtook me quite often on the second lap! 

I finished the parkrun, feeling pretty good that I wasn't actually last. And we had to play catch up too!  Here, these are some pictures that SnappyH  took!



It was a little bit muddy!

And here is my geeky stats! Of course my stats will be different from my parkrun results because we started late, also we were a little way off!







No comments:

Post a Comment