Saturday 4 January 2020

Failed parkrun!

Hello blog readers

It's parkrun day and I didn't make it in time!  I left at the usual time, if not just slightly earlier, but the problem was, nearly 900 people had left even earlier than me and were on their way too!  I drove straight into the road that that takes us to through the gates to the car park and promptly turned around and came out again!  There were cars lining up to try and park, there was no way I was going to get parked.  So on to the streets I must go!

I managed to do a quick turn around before I got into the car park, a cheeky little u-turn at the top of the road but there were people still trying to come into the park.  When I got to the main road again I could tell the next driver that there were no parking spaces, before then it was too late and they would need to do what I had done.  On the nearest streets I looked for parking, Nothing! Time was running out, I was getting annoyed!  I said to myself "If there's no parking by nine then I'm going home"  Well, guess what!?  No parking.  I had texted the girls that I won't be parkrunning today, I am going to solo run!  Something I've not done in a while!  So that's the way it had to be!

You remember I said that I had 'spotify' issues, it wouldn't play with only 4g.....well it was still the same!  I sat in my car on my street feeling blimmin angry!  Angry at myself for being late, I should have realised that it's January and everybody will be wanted to get 'back' to running, just like the gyms will be full this time of the year!  And angry because Spotify was still having issues!  I was going to have to run music-less! It was going to be a tough run!  I had already convinced myself to do a shorter route "Well you are going to be running tomorrow for about 10k" the lazy couch potato was saying on my left shoulder" "Just do the old route" the mocking fit, slimmer Moosh figure, was saying on my right shoulder!  I know......both my 'inner voices' either keep routed to my chair or mock me when I go running!  But I listen more to mocking voice more often! 

So yes, I did run.....I did run/walk solo for the first time in ages!  It wasn't pretty, I really beat myself up on the run, but then that voice saying, it's fine you go tomorrow to get through!  And it will be tough tomorrow!  My legs are killing me now!  I think that is from the double set of exercises I did on Friday!  Talk about aching!  If feels like that very first time I started running, when I wasn't sure what I was doing, no warm up lap/mile or any sort of stretching afterwards, that's the sort of ache I am feeling now!  I am sure doing just a couple of miles is fine for today! 

So that was it, less than two miles on one of my old routes that I used to do when I use to do lots of my solo running!  But it's something, I ran.  I ran angry, I walked angry, but by the time I finished my very shortened route, I felt better.  I was so tempted to go straight into my house after I come back from Normans park, so at least I did something, plus what I did do got rid of my anger!  Job done I say!

So geeky stats!? Hmm, yeah, I will share it, why not,  all runs are good, not matter how slow or distance!  So here they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment