Thursday 2 January 2020

Bike or Exercise? - Where do I write this?!

Hello blog readers.
What a sight! 

I am on my way to getting bike ready for the spring and summer!  My bike has been way to long neglected and it is too beautiful bike to be sitting in my shed!  So to help me on my way of getting bike fit, I went over to Naggy's house!  I got dressed up in my cycling gear, grabbed a towel, (I remembered what it was like on the other machie!) and made my way over to Naggys house. What?..... eh.....Well. Yes, I actually got my cycling gear on.  Even though I am not going out onto the actual road, sitting on her bike is going to hurt!  I will need my padding!  so as I had my cycling shorts on I might as well put on my cycling top! Anyway, back to it,  Naggy has this cool new machine, better than the other one, which I used about twice before I lost interest!  This one actually connects to the internet and gives you the feel of a 'ride'.  First of you can see the route, also the tension on the gear thingy tightens so it hurts when you go up an incline! Plus, the real cool thing is that the front of the bike lifts up, so you also get the sense of going up!  I am hoping all of that will help get my saddle ass back, plus remember how to change gear, how to clip in and out, how to be confident on the roads again and well everything cycling related!  But that will all happenI know that, just not straight away. And deffo not while it's dark and cold outside!  This cool new machine is the training that both Naggy and I need t help with the mojo, help her in her quest of craziness. Naggy has put herself in to this crazy race, something about a half iron man!  I know,  just crazy!  Not sure which is worse really, running around the Isle of Wight or this ironman thing! Me, I am just thinking half marathon, with a few nice pleasure rides of an evening and weekend as a way of keeping sane, cross training and social!

Anyway, Naggy chose a nice easy ride for me, riding around Windsor Park.   I know, cool eh.  She had it all set up on her Ipad, you can actually watch where you are riding, there are even people you have to steer around.....well, no I didn't have to actually steer the bike, but on the screen the guy who filmed it all was steering around the people!  I did get a sweat on!  It felt hard on the legs!  I was glad I was only doing about 9 miles, I just hope I at least get it done within the hour!  I forgot to start my Garmin, I had it set up for indoor cycling, I am not sure if that means satelites will follow me around a track or if indeed it will just record my heartrate, but I shall check it out when I up load my geeky stats. 

I thought I would write my blog here, in my running blog, I shall keep my cycling blog only for road riding blogs, I a sure I said that about the other indoor cycling attempt!  Yeah, I think that's the way it should be, I am deffo not going to writing another blog,  I shall get totally confused!

So enjoy, this is my geeky stats, both from my Garmin and from Naggys new app thing!, Oh and a picture of Naggy having her turn on the bike,  I didn't leave her house until she was well under way!

Naggy doing her thing!


My stats


No comments:

Post a Comment