Tuesday 7 January 2020

Club Run

Hello blog readers.

Club run done!  First Tuesday night club run!  Loved it!  I just hope everyone else did!  It was 'Move Up Tuesday'  So, for some strange reason (and it seemed pretty reasonable when I thought about ages ago) because we don't have anyone that can join us from a lower group, I kind of put Group 1 through a slightly harder run, which usually means a couple of hills!  It was a well thought our reason, but now when I write it it looks like I am just torturing group 1,  just because I ate cake!  Actually it was biscuits at work, but still naughty!  So today it was the turn of Tillingbourne Green.  A favourite 'hated hill' for everyone!  I am sure when I bring group 1 here, those that have been before, they have a goal in mind.  Make it all the way round, make it up the long hill, just to finish quicker than last time.  But this evening there were some newbies that haven't run this hill!  I am sure they will love to hate this little hill too!

There were nine of us in our group and CarolWithAnE is back in the fold and Auriol, both have been off with injuries!  We have missed them both, CaroleWithAnE was trying to hide under her buff!  So pleased to have her back.  We just got to work on the rest of my crew now, J.J., Wendimoo, K,  SnappyH, Shalini,Tracy!  LittleJ will get back to the fold with her walking group!  We all need to kick some ass and get our booties out there!  Naggy came back to club, shes been out for a while, what with one thing and the other!  She didn't go into her usual group though, she did the sensible thing of dropping down a couple of groups, see how it fits, maybe then go on to the next group!

The first hill in my route today is Birchwood!  At least it was entirely straight into a hill, unlike group 2 today, who was also doing Tillingbourne Green today!  Ruth took her group straight up Wood Ride, no warm up there!  A nice little flat bit to recover and chat about the next upward flat bit!

I am trying to rush my blog, unlike my running these days, because I need to chronicle everything!  I know when I blog about my runs then I get more motivated, I can read back on them and realise that I am doing ok!  So  Tillingbourne ran it, walked it, but done it!  Some of us ran it all the way some like me walked/ran it!  But we were doing it!  That's all we got to say!  We were doing it!

I was really kind to them after the actual Green itself, because we only ran up Church Hill Wood once!  On some occasions we have actually ran up this cheeky little hill 3 times!  Just for fun! Crazy eh!  I feel sure that everyone will love me again as I only asked them to run up it just the once! Of course, there is no just ignoring the fact that I want us all to push just a tad harder this evening, so I asked them to just put a little bit more effort than they have already, 70% of what they have been doing so far, just to get to the top, it's only a short one!  They all did brilliantly!

The sweet bit was next, the hill going down!  All the way down Petts Wood road.  It's where you can think about your running form because you don't have to put too much effort in to the running itself, the gravity is pulling you down anyway.  So you can think about your breathing, how you are holding your head.  Are you shoulders back, keeping your chest open and clear to get those lungs expanding!  Can you bring your heels up just a bit more, let the gravity pull them back down again.  All the while you are thinking about that the cheeky little rundown hill is all over and done with!

Group 1 looked really pleased with them self, they know now that they were on the road where the entrance to the park is!  But we were not going down there.....yet.  There was still just one more hill to get up.  I had to get the miles in, 3 miles minimum, we had to do it!  We had to run all the up to the memorial hall, and then run down Kings way to Crossways!  All done!

A bloody lovely first Tuesday night club run of the year, a little bit of a challenge for all of us!  A few extra calories eaten up, a few bigger smiles after the run!

Here's a picture of me.......just because I am trying to remember to take more pictures too!

And of course Geeky stats

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/4412090968' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment