Tuesday 21 January 2020

Brrrr - Club Run

Hello blog readers.

It's so cold!  I don't like the cold, never have done.  I think its when my mummy used to put me at the bottom of the garden for a nap in my pram, come rain or shine...or snow!  Why did they tell mums to do that back there "Fresh air is good for the child"  Brrr, no!  So maybe memories of that time long, long, long time ago have come back to haunt me!

I was waiting to hear from the Angels, just to see who would be going out this evening.  All quiet in the Angel chat room, that was until a picture of a bubble bath appeared!  So SnappyH wasn't coming out then.  Then Naggy came back with something about just getting back from work and then having to do more work at home!  If only I had seen that message earlier then I would probably have stayed wrapped in my blanket too.  But I had already told my group 1 pals that I was going to run and agreed to pick up Tracy too!  I only agreed that because the Old Boy nagged me to go go and get my running gear on!  It was a huge mind battle this evening!

Auriol was leading this evenings group, I could move on up and join group 2, but I really am struggling with my mojo and this whole winter/early mornings for work an running malarkey!  I will just stay with my pals, sweep and encourage others.  Auriol had a route planned out that I have never been on before, it's quite a nice route. It's always good to do new routes.

I enjoyed my run, I am really pleased I went out, even though I was moaning like heck that I wanted to stay at home, under my blanket, drinking tea and eating chocolate!   I feel quite smug like really, if truth be known!  But oh my, the thought of sitting near a nice log burner or luxuriating in a bubble bath could have seriously damaged my running this evening!

"That run was a shit run" said no runner ever!  Just getting out, doing it and coming back smugly is what it's all about!

Oh just one other thing, I went out last Saturday as well, to parkrun, not my local one though, I haven't yet invested in a pair of running wellies yet! Apparantly there was a water feature again at Normans park.  I went along to Dartford parkrun, Naggy and her Tri mates were having a 'parkrun takeover' and they were doing the RD, volunteers, marshals, scanners, the lot!  So I thought I would join her and do soe parkrun tourism!  .......There was a hill!  We had to run up it TWICE!

So here's my geeky stats,  I had to trim it up a bit because I forgot to turn my Garmin off!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/4463753058' title='Bromley Running' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment