Wednesday 7 November 2012

Slow Interval Running!

Hello Blog lovers.

Still n track with my training, only, its my way of training. I have been following the training guide that I was sent, and today's training wanted me jogging for 5 minutes, running for 15, jogging for 20, run for 10, jog for 10, run for 5, jog for 20 minutes. Well, I think I did the first five minutes just right, the next section, the whole running for 15, well, put it this way, I have decided, I am not a runner, well, not yet! I have never really tried the whole running thing. I have tried on several occasions, and I just fade. I do my run faster when I do my sprints, but that's when I am in easy reach of my destinations. Running is something that is done at the very end of a run! Well that is how I percieve the whole running thing, as apposed to the jogging thing.

Trying to do interval running is very disciplined, something I don't like! I dig my heels in and stand and sulk, and get all stroppy where discipline is concerned. A challenge, I can do. So I am going to have to change my attitude. Think of everything as a challenge. A training plan? No, its a challenge plan! I shall tick off each challenge that I have accomplished! That's what I need to get into my head.

I didn't managed to stick to the plan today, I was even getting stroppy about going out in the first place. I was trying to persuade the Old Boy to go for BBQ spare ribs instead! But he has decided that his 'body is a temple', no more crap to be shoved in side, except on Friday, (I hope, I do like my Friday nights out) and so I had no choice really, but to get my backside into gear and get out jogging.

The weather wasn't too bad, and I thought I would trust my instincts and just run in my winter top, leaving the jacket at home. I was right! I soon warmed up, as I jogged the first 5 minutes, a nice leisurely pace, my pace, a pace that I could happily jog along for a whole 26.2 miles (well that's what it feels like when I am just starting out), its just those running moments that take it out of me. (and jogging for any longer than a mile!)

I know I have to get used to the hard training plans, the running, and it will help to build up the endurance, but I am not liking it! Still, I am sure the fitter I get the more I will be able to do. And hopefully I will be losing weight as well! Fingers crossed!

My geeky stats, and as you can see, I really didn't stick to the plan at all! Tut, tut, tut. Must try harder! But as I keep reminding myself, way back when I first started to think about running, I couldn't even run 300 yards without needing to spend a week in an oxygen tent! Rome wasn't built in a day, and when my temple of a body is fully fit, it will be a magnificent temple, for an Old Girl!


2 comments:

  1. Excellent Donna, discipline is something I have been missing of training plan of late. Once you get over this first section of your plan you will see a noticeable difference. KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, discipline is not my strong point Jerry, but I shall persevere ;-)

      Delete