Monday 19 November 2012

Now The Party's Over! - Or Is It?

Hello blog lovers,

I was back to my training again today. I am still sort of floating around the week 6 and 7 or my training plan, which means very soon, I will have to progress to week 8 very soon. My training kind of started 4 weeks ago now, so really I should pull me finger out and get going!.

So after a fantastic birthday celebration weekend I found the energy, (just) to go for a 40 min jog. The Old Boy was still feeling a little delicate as well, but he found the energy to go out on what felt a rather chilly evening, but actually wasn't that bad.

For the 40 min jog, and I knew I wasn't going to be doing anything ore that this, I said to the OB that we will do the usual route of Turpington lane and back. 
"As long as there is no stopping for tea and cakes" he said, but I reckon he would have been pleased if i did! It really was a good party!

We started of quite gentle, as always, in fact, as I was jogging along the Old Boy was walking! Which I thought was a bit naughty! "Come on, get going, get that heart rate up" I said to him.  He eventually got into the rhythm and jogged along beside me.

My ankles again feel really tight. What is that all about? Is that what the Achilles heel do, just hurt if you exercise too much? But after a while it all loosened up again, but both of them now do feel as if I have bruises on the backs of my heels.  I kept jogging way beyond all the places that I usually stop. I was feeling pretty good considering that I had such a brilliant weekend! By the time I got up to Greenway I was still feeling pretty good.

"Keep going Old Girl" I said to myself in my head! "Keep going, no need to slow down the pace" I really wanted to go further that I had for a long time, today. Push myself to do just a few extra metres. I had managed to run all of Greenway, then turned the corner. I came face t fact with Magpiehall lane. It's really strange, but when i first started running, and I got to this part of the route, this road seemed to have a huge hill. I thought I would never be able to run all the way. And up till a few months ago, I still used to stop on this road, with the slight incline!  But today I carried on running up it.

We turned right into Holbrook, left into Parkfield, I am still running! I was feeling ok, keeping the breathing under control. If I felt as if I was running out of breath the I just slowed up the pace a bit.  Back past the Harvesters now! Still running! Yup, I may have this one cracked!  I was looking towards the school now, thinking about the slight incline that I will need to run up to get to Faringdon,
"Straight over the road to top Oxhawth" the Old Boy said. I just carried on. But as we got to the other side of the road, and just a little further, I had a walking break, (tea and cake to the Old Bo!) "Well done, good going" he said! "Now, lets get going again" even before I could utter anything!

I did take the whole minute thought before we started running again. But that was the first and only run, 29:35 minutes into the run! Yep, I was very pleased with that, I have finally met with my clubs criteria or being able to run for a least 30 minutes to be able to join!

To get the whole of the 40 min jog session we had to do a little twiddle on the usual route and add a little bit of an extra road or two before we arrived home!

So, would you like to see the geeky stats, well here they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment