Wednesday 14 November 2012

Last one Before PARRRRTYYYYY!

Hello blog lovers.

That's right! After a lazy weekend I am going to have another lazy few days. That's what happens when you get close to one of those big '0' birthdays! The preparation begins tomorrow, and I don't mean preparation for training or running, I mean for my party! So no time for running! But I promise training will begin again in earnest after these next few weekends.

As I had done virtually 6 miles yesterday, albeit with a 15 min gap after 2.71 miles, I was thinking that I would only run for about 3 miles today, I know that is not what my training plan says, but this month was always going to be difficult training with my birthday coming up! But somehow the Old Boy had me agreeing to a 6 miler!
"We can always cut if short, if we go up Magpiehall lane, and you really don't fancy it" he said as his very persuasive argument.
"Ok" I said, And I really thought that I would be cutting it short! My legs were very tired.

We started the run, I was really slow! My ankles were feeling very tight! It will take at least a mile gentle jogging before they will loosen up. I felt like an old lady as I tried to jog along up Faringdon! But loosened up they did. I went past the first mile, the pub/restaurant on the corner. Then me and the Old Boy kept on running until the next left turn!

I was doing quite well, the heels had loosened up nicely and I was feeling ok, if maybe just a little tired. Maybe I will cut it short and turn down by the church to go home. I carried running, still haven't stop, and I could see the new school gates! I am quite happy with this, I was wondering how far I could go, being as that I have quite tired legs at that precise time I was doing ok! I kept going, up to the A21. Then turned the corner, and I kept going. I kept going until just before the bus garage! The Old Boy urged me on again. I started running after only a few seconds walking.

I could see the hill approaching, I was wondering if maybe I should have cut short and gone down past the church, to dear old Turn around Lamppost and home.  I took another short walk, a deep lung full of air, and I attacked the hill. I really wanted to run the whole way, or at least from the moment I started running, I didn't want to stop until I reached the posh houses!

Do you know what? I did it! I ran the hill! I got all the way into the posh house, and I even ran half way up the first straight.......and then I took a walking stop! From here on though my legs we really complaining,  I just slowed my pace down, which the Old Boy kept telling me to do anyway, just to get my breathing in control again. I though I was doing pretty well actually, but then he can hear how much I am puffing away!

I knew when we popped out of the new houses it wasn't that much further to go. I had decided then to do my sort of interval running. which would start as soon as I got on to Crofton Lane. I would jog one lamppost then speed up a bit to the next, then jog to the next one and speed up to the next. The Old Boy was a bit in front of me when I started doing that, but when I did I soon caught up with him. I didn't tell him what I was doing. Maybe he thought he was going a tad slower!

I tried to keep it up as best as I could. I walked a few more sections before I got home. Well, it wouldn't be me if I didn't. I know one day, I will be running 6 miles non stop! Just not today.

So here is my geeky stats, I shall rest up my Garmin now, hopefully Sunday will be the next run, lets just see how I feel after this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Nice work Donna! Two six mile days in a row! Remember when just a mile or two was a big deal? Have a great birthday party. I assume it will be your 30th. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I did feel not so quilty after I did the 6 miler! And now I am looking forward to my party time, :)

      Delete