Monday 26 November 2012

Half A Century And Running!

Hello blog lovers.

Today This Old Girl Starts the next half century of living. So what do I do, while I am dealing with the baby germs, coughing, spluttering and sniffing like its going out of fashion? I go jogging of course.

I used caution and put out a plea via twitter about whether in fact it's a good idea to run while one is suffering cough and cold symptoms, but by the time when I was all dressed up and ready to go nothing came back to me.  I did see that some one had said it was ok to run with a head cold.

My philosophy goes similar to the Old Boys, we have to work when we don't feel too good, so why not do stuff that you like to do when you don't feel good? I suppose when the thing you like to do is knitting, or reading, then really that's not a problem, it's just sitting down, unless you do extreme knitting jumping out of aeroplanes!, but when you just need to go out running, well that's a different animal!

I thought I would just do as much as I could of my 3 mile route. If at any point I felt really unwell, I mean like ready to pass out type of unwell, then I can cut it short at any number of places, and the Old Boy wont pass out carrying me home!

The weather was quite mild considering what we have been having. but I still wrapped myself up nice and warm, two long sleeved layers! I realised that I probably didn't need two long sleeved tops on after all. And if its the same tomorrow night then I will make sure I a short sleeved top and a long sleeved over that.

The run itself wasn't very inspirational, or even exciting or demanding, apart from the fact that when I stepped out side my door to start, I really, really wanted to go back in side, and curl up with me book, and just read about running! But, I thought about a recent video I saw via someones post on facebook, about some chap who was told he could never walk again unaided or without his braces, 15 months later the video showed him sprinting! Patience. Pratice. Perseverance!

I stopped about three times I think, coughing and spluttering but I kept jogging on the whole of the route, and no short detours, well, I am out, might as well,.....and besides, it's what us women to, right girls?!

Mind you,  when I got back from my run I did get a little tweet about if you have a cough then its best not to run!!

Geeky stats for you


No comments:

Post a Comment