Tuesday 3 January 2012

First Run Of The Year!

Hello blog lovers.

I am totally surprised to be writing this blog today, because as you know, I only write a blog if I have something to write about. And today is no exception. So what I am talking about? It's the weather! What an awful day!

The wind started in the night, and no people, it wasn't me on the sprout and lentil diet!, before you all start snickering. The wind was just awful, blowing about all the plastic bottles, and empty cans from my bins! (remails of a very good Christmas) Then in the morning the rain came with it. I didn't expect to be going out at all today.

But the wind died down, even the rain stopped, so no excuses but to get my 5 pound heavier ass out of the door and go for a run with my fellow PWR's. I got all the way to Pettswood when I remember that I hadn't picked up my Garmin, I still had time so a swung around to go and get it. Now that the OB has a Garmin, I don't want to be out done on the geeky stats.

I park the car, walk up to the pavilion *&^*%$£$!! I left my Garmin on the seat of my car! So a warm up run to pick it up and all set to do the 3.45 miles of our run. The last time I ran was back on the 16th December, I am a tad out of shape and so I shall be staying with group 1 for a couple of weeks before moving up, excuse #101 I believe in Old Girls book of excuses for possible bad run sessions.

We started off nice and easy, just as our illustrious leader always does. And I for one was very glad of that. And it seemed a few of the others were glad of that too. The Christmas has taken is toll on many a waistline, along with the dreaded 'Flu lurgy.

My chest complained a bit, I was expecting that, I have had a cold for a few weeks now. I tried very hard to concentrate on the running rather than the cold air filling my lungs, wanting to freeze them into frozen mucus ice poles! Ewwww, that's disgusting! I was glad of the rest stops today. I tried very hard to keep up with the lead pack, and I managed it for about a third of the way. But my chest was getting tight, coughing and running just dont mix, but I kind of suppressed the urge to cough and kept on running. Mind you when I stopped I made up for it, I should have had a hazard sign around my neck, 'bio waste, keep clear!'

So from the previous paragraph you can guess that I was at the back of the class, as usual......But not totally the last one! I was quite pleased that I was still well enough to stay a couple of steps clear of three others! I even had a tiny bit left to put in a tiny bit of sprint to the end,.....and then cough up those lung ice poles I was talking about earlier!

Still, its all good for you! Jogging, running, cycling, swimming, getting the heart rate above the normal resting state for 30 minutes a day, its all good for you! That is in no doubt! Here is to a whole new year of getting fitter, lighter and healthier, for all of us!

Oh yes, this is day 1 of tee-total month!

Geeky stats.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting out, I have to admit I was feeling a little jaded today but it is great when you do get through the door. Trouble is I went though mine with a Garmin but forgot to turn it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, I'm glad I'm not the only one the Mr. S :-)

    ReplyDelete