Friday 16 December 2011

She Can Run Solo!


Hello Blog lovers.

I took advantage of the free afternoon today, even though I had stuff to do, i.e. wrap up presents! It was too much of a good opportunity not to take. Its not often these days that I can get out and run in the daylight by myself, so everything can go 'on the back burner' while I run.

It is quite chilly today, but it is 8 days till Christmas! so its not really surprising. But I decided not to put on my fluorescent jacket as another layer, I am hoping that the daylight will confuse my brain and tell me its not that cold once I start running. (And it really doesn't take a lot to confuse my brain!)

I was hiding in my doorway waiting for my Garmin to find the satellites so that I can start running, the wind is very chilly indeed! As soon as I heard the bleep I was off.

Of course I started off too quickly and had to slow myself down a bit, but I soon got into my stride. And I was so right about not wearing my jacket! I warmed up and even got sweaty and puffy faced! So I know I was going quite well.

I wasn't expecting great things, because I was just going along at my own pace, I am not very strict on myself when I am solo running! But I am really enjoying it out here. I still do those darn walking things!!!! Why, I don't know, I should tell myself off when I am walking.

Still, it was a good run, and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that I can still have the motivation to get out there by myself and go running, for a while I was thinking maybe I had lost that!

I stopped my watch and went inside to do my stretches.

Here's the geeky stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment