Thursday 5 January 2012

Lazy, Lazy, Mare!


Hello Bloggees.

After the OB told me this morning that he was having a rest day today, I thought what a great time to get out and go for a jog. Even though my legs were complaining, both the front and the backs of my thighs, any masseurs out I could do with free massage right now!

I was in two minds whether to go really, (lazy mare)I mean the benefits of rest days are just as important as working hard on jogging and running! I was feeling quite tired as well, a bit fatigued, didn't sleep well last night, excuse #110. But I compromised with myself and decided that I would do just a very short run.

Jog pants on, Garmin and HRM on, key in pocket and off I go! I started off quite well really. And at quite a quick pace, boy, do I miss my illustrious leader, she knows how to do a warm up lap. So just slow myself down a tad, I don't want to burn out, after all I am only doing a very short route today, (lazy mare!)

When I got on to the main road the wind nearly took my breath away. I must have been just protected by the trees and houses on the route so far, and trying to run into this headwind, oh wow! That was tough.

I was quite pleased to turn into the park just after the mile, and the wind eased a bit, and then as I arrived onto my estate it became a tail wind, and helped to push me along. My limbs were complaining now, even my shoulder was complaining! How can that complain? I was quite pleased to get in relax on my sofa! I had noticed that I had a missed call from my sister, those of you who have never followed my blog before, she is affectionately know has Nagging Sister! Both of us were out of breath and she told me she had just come back from her first run for quite some time. I know I shouldn't write this, but I will,. She ran for just over 6k, 6K? It took her 55 mins, and I have no doubt that she is going to feel it tomorrow! Grrrrr, and there was me with my measly 1.75 miles!

Still, short jog better than no jog, and slow jog better.......well, you get the picture. Still, a rest day tomorrow me thinks.

Geeky stats for you, well, very pathetic geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment