Monday 4 July 2011

Double blog Double 4 Miles! Plus 16 miles Bike Ride!

Hello blog readers.

I seem to be slacking on the writing up, but not slacking doing my jogging and cycling.

I was out on Friday afternoon by myself. I was going to do the 4 mile route that Naggy Neighbour took me on last Sunday. Last Sunday when I wilted in the heat! It was a little earlier in the day that on Sunday but it was still very warm. I was hoping that I wouldn't wilt, I didn't have Naggy with me to keep me going.

I needed to improve on Sundays time, in spite of how hot it is out. So I just went for it. I felt quite strong, the heat did not affect me as much as it did on Sunday. I still walked some parts of the course. I must work on my psyche, I can do it, at least for the first 3 miles of this route.

I got back home a whole 3 minutes and 17 seconds quicker than I did on Sunday! So, I was very pleased with that effort.

Here is geeky stats for this report.



Ok, so the title of this blog is not in chronological order! Because next was actually my bike ride. Me and the Old Boy cycled for just a short loop, but with some undulating hills!. But of course, what with it being a Saturday, it was a pleasure bike ride today, so taking it easy, looking at our glorious country side, and stopping for photo opportunity at the church in Penshurst. We walked about the lovely church, and looked at some of the oldest 'residents' of the church yard! Oh yes and lunch! A fabulous ploughman's lunch was served up to us from a pub we found as we were on our way to Falcombe, Bottle Inn house, or something like that. Trying to ride to Penshurst with a full tummy was an experience!. Unfortunately I had forgotten my Garmin on this occasion, so no geeky stats, only those on the Old Boys bike gizmo, which doesn't load up on to the computer. But at least we knew how far we had acutually rode, and also that we got up to about 33 mph!

So, now for todays blog. I was hoping it was not going to be a solo ride today, a friend of mine just couldn't find the energy today to get out, so I told her to eat some pasta for tomorrow, as I am sure I am not working during the day, and we can go then! So no excuse for her.

It was, again, a warm day. The sun shining radiantly in the sky. I know we all love the sun, but now that I am a 'ahemmm' a runner, it would be nice for it to stay behind a cloud, just until I have finished my run, and then come out and brighten the rest of the day!

I didn't feel as energetic as I did on Friday, but I was determined that I wasn't going to go as slow as I did the Sunday before last!. Just a nice steady pace. This is a lovely route by the way. Through Jubilee Park, no tree routes to jump over as it is all on the path! Just because I am a townie, it doesn't mean that I don't like the country side and nature. Its only if it gets to close to me! I really should have bought some water along with me, but I knew, if I did that, then I would take advantage of the 'water bottle' and sipped from it often, just so that I could slow down. But still, it is very warm.

As I was running along Southborough, I was seriously thinking of not going through my local park, and carrying on up the road to first or even second Oxhawth! I soon talked myself out of that. Maybe next time! Yes, I shall seriously think about it next time!

I tried to sprint up to path and down towards my house! But the heat had got to me, and I kind of shuffled towards my house. I stopped the watch and desperately tried to remember what my time was last time I did this. I felt sure it was about the same, but definitely not as slow as that Sunday.

And I was right! But I was slower that I was on Friday! Still, the weekends are always good, and I have extra to carry with me on Mondays!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment