Monday 11 July 2011

No Keeping Up With The Old Boy!

Hello blog readers,

Today me and the Old Boy went for a short jog through the woods. Although he may not have the stamina (at the moment!) to do 4 miles, mind you I am struggling at the moment!, but his pace is certainly nothing to be scoffed at!

We were going to do the run we did last time, but hopefully without getting lost! Its only 2 miles, but its a do-able distance for the Old Boy at the moment. The weather was very muggy, and it felt warm as we headed up the path by the brook. It felt good to be jogging, a good evening, no aches and pains, but I am feeling lethargic still, and a little tired. But maybe a run will do me tons of good.

The Old Boy was way ahead of me before we got to the first turning right, but he could still see me, and probably here me so he kept going. I was going at my pace, and the Old Boy had his pace, and there was no budging from either of us. But this way I shall be doing tons more work, well its obvious isn't it, he is going to to have to wait for me, so therefore get a few minutes rest!

We were nearing 'Dog poo' ally, the place where we kind of took the wrong path last time, and turned left to go up the hill. I think I managed to do this pretty well, but by now, me and the Old Boy were on "Whoop whoop" calls to stay in contact. I just followed the calls.

But On the important turns right or left he again waiting for me, (another rest for him!) Mind you, I am not saying that I didn't have a few walking spells myself, because I did, well its me, isn't it, Old lazy couch potato herself! But I really did try and keep going. Those hills always get me though, I was looking forward to the lovely down hill section, and I know I will pick up pace then, because it's also the end of our jog!

By the time we got to Botony Bay road, the Old Boy was quite confident that I wouldn't get lost and I am sure he went at his own pace knowing that I would be heading in the right direction, to our car. I felt confident too! I knew that bit of the route, I had run it enough times with the club and walked it enough times with the Old Boy and our kids and dog!

This part of the run is a great part, its all down hill, and of course it's the last part of it as well, and I always do a really good pace the last part of my jogs, why I don't know, but there you go.

A good run, but not particularly fast, but I shall shake off this lethargy soon, I hope!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment