Tuesday 19 July 2011

Club Run, And That Hill Again!

Hello Blog readers.

Yes we did that hill again, but our leader of group 1 today was very kind on us and took us in the opposite direction that we did last week. I was quite looking forward to That Hill now.

But first of all, pick up MIB. As I knock on the door he answered it, and I was greeted with a "All ready" spoken to me with a mouthful of chips! I can't believe he was eating, maybe he just pinched a couple from someones plate! But then he did tell me he had actually shared half a portion! He is so going to regret that soon.

So, after the club talk, all the group leaders told us of our routes and off we went. It was a lovely evening for running, not too warm, and its not raining! Which is what kept me on my backside last night! I was looking forward to a good run today. I have had a few lazy days, ....... ok 4 lazy days to be exact! So I should do very well tonight, or very bad.

MIB informed me that he wasn't really feeling up to it either, but never did he think "I am no going to go tonight" It seems like the running bug has started to affect him now.

So, the run! It was good! The paths were not too muddy, and by now, I know exactly where we are going. It seems I am becoming a native of these woods. I am no longer just a street raker, I can go through the woods and know exactly where we are going to end up, (well on this particular run that is)

We had a couple of newbies in our group 1 today, and interestingly, one was at the back, and the other was at the front (the one at the front said she had never done any running before!) I comforted myself by saying "She is young, and built like a racing snake!, so of course she is going to be at the front"

Running along by the railway we had to stand against the fence to let some cyclists through, which gave me a very quick breather, then it was down hill for a tad before the uphill to Botony Bay. I managed to run to the top of this hill, with just one very short walk before I got to the top. The instead of turning right, we headed left towards that lovely down hill section,. I am already smiling thinking about it. Just before we got there though, it was the cyclists turn to wait for us to run past them, as they were coming along the path the we were heading down!

MIB was doing his own thing, he no longer needs to hold my hand. Ok, so he is faster than me as well! I will just have to push myself harder. But right now, I am happy that I am not right at the back, but I know I need to be pushing myself, getting better, fitter and faster.

At the bottom of the hill now, a lovely, 'let the hill do all the work' section, and then heading up the hill to Blackbrook lane! The its just on the flat through Jubilee park, over the bridge and head on back to the pavilion. As we were heading to Jubilee that the group leader gave me some good advice. And I know I will listen to this advice and act on it, it's about my footwear. I have this over pronounced thing going on, (or was it under pronounced) its where my feet actually turn inwards, and this could give me knee problems later on. I am always telling the Old boy and I told MIB about the importance of proper running shoes, so this is how I know I am going to take Coaches advice.

My shoes are virtually worn out anyway, so I will soon be going to get a 'Gait analysis' done, and then I can buy the best type of running shoe. And you never know, it may help me run faster, coach said so!

For the last bit after the park, it was on the roads, and I really tried to push a little harder. From Blackbrook lane the group were told to run at what ever pace they wanted. It was fairly straight forward last bit of run to the pavilion, so the group was a bit spread out. I still wasn't last, but I know by now, I should be well in among the pack. So I pushed harder and tried to catch up to the group. I had as much chance as finding rocking horse poop in the woods than catch up to them, but it gave me a focus to run for.

I rocked up (did you notice that little pun there too) to the the group and said "We need to go....... I dropped my lungs somewhere back there!" After I regained my composure, Coach said to me "Show me your shoe and I will show you what I mean" Well, anybody who knows me knows that I hate feet!, so taking my shoe off off in front of everyone, after just running for three miles was not something I usually do. But we are all runners here, I thought, everybody talks about feet and shoes, and hard skin, and yucky things like that.

Anyway, a great run, MIB got back a few minutes before me. I reckon in a few weeks he will be joining the big boys group.

So Geeky stats,

No comments:

Post a Comment