Tuesday 26 July 2011

Prequel: The Mob Match

Hello Blog readers.

This evening was a very gentle run. We were familiarising ourselves with the route for next Tuesday, when we go head to head with another Runner group, Orpington Road Runners. We just need to be sure that there are many of us Wiley coyote's, so that we out number them!

The route is going to be a little further than our usual distance, but it is just so do able, and it's through our woods as well, just lovely. I am looking forward to it, and so is 'Crazy Fool' the new name for my mate, formally known as MIB.

We started running on the roads, heading for Orpington Road. From there we are going to nip into the woods and run along side the railway lines. When we came to the end of this bit and stopped to re-group I realised where we were! The rest of the way is going to even better because I knew where we were going. We had a bit of a pep talk about our next weeks run, the Mob match, and we were all raring to give them all a run for their money, on our turf!

Well I almost knew where we where heading! Because as we started to head up to Botony Bay we turned left and ran along side the little brook there. This was going to be even easier than I first thought. I was keeping up with the main group so far, and so was Crazy Fool. He even noticed that I was able to hold a conversation with him as well!

We popped out of the woods and was on Goss hill ready to turn left into Barfield Road. Another little re-group here, and more pep talk. We started running again, and just as well we did because out of the woods popped group 3 (or was it 4) "Keep smiling ladies, and Crazy Fool, we can't be seen to be slacking" I said. They soon caught us up though, as we were running through the tunnel we heard "Come on keep it moving" from Mr.S a group 3 (4?)member. They so as easily over took us. They were getting some practice in on the Mob match route too.

Oh blimey. I forgot, I supposed to be keeping my blogs short. Well, as most of us pretty much knew the way home now, we kind of all done our own pacefrom here. The main body of the group seemed to have found stamina, or maybe they just got caught up with the faster group, me and Crazy Fool ran at our pace, and there was a couple of newbies who were running with the group leader, who was busy in her other role as back marker, or sweeper.

We kind of got slightly confused as we were running on the road towards our start point. We were to enter the ground at the other entrance. We saw the main body of our group ahead of us, so at least we did turn the right direction from Little Thrift, but then we got a little confused as to where Towncourt lane was. We trusted our instincts though and ended up in the right place.

We saw our group outside the pavilion and ran towards them. We stood around for a little while, chatting, like you do. And then I realised I hadn't turned off my Garmin! But still, 4 miles, not bad and I felt pretty good. I think Crazy Fool did too (By the way, his new name was his idea, it was written on his t-shirt above a picture of Mr.T)

Geeky stats, you can see it was a very nice leisurely run this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment