Wednesday 13 July 2011

Club Run Through The Woods.

Hello blog readers.

Yesterday, (that's right, I am late with my blog again) was the club run, and my Old Friend came along again, seems like he did enjoy the last outing with the club! So new name for Old Friend is (for lack of suggestions by you guys) is......... MIB, the man in black, until I think of new name again. Our usual group leader is not here today, so we have one of the other group leaders to put us through our paces, at least that's is what we were hoping for, and for him not to put us through his pace! He is usually running with the fast and more longer distance group!

He told us where he was going to be taking us, and I just looked towards the heavens and thought "Great! just the route that me and the Old Boy have been doing, and will be doing again on Wednesday!" So this should be quite a comfortable run for me, as really I should be used to the whole 'nature' thing now. I still cant get used to the bug eating though, I shall try to avoid going through the swarms of tiny little creatures!

MIB was looking forward to his first run through the woods too. The route we taking is part of our club October 10k route. The one that I ran last year! And I know the hill that is on the other side of Jubilee park. Me and the Old Boy have gone the other though, so that we run down the steep hill! I have warned MIB that we could quite possibly be running up a steep hill.

The woods are not too bad at the mo, there are a few muddy puddles but there are little compacted paths around them. It's quite a dusky sort of evening, with even a threat of rain from the skies. The woods feel quite warm, and I expect there are going to be quite a few sweaty faces at the end of this run!

The run leader was a little faster than usual, but I did my usual trick of staying at the front before slowly working my way to the back! And he was very sympathetic to all us Group 1 runners. He stopped a couple of extra times than we normally did, but he was doing a bit of Pr work, on our 10k. And probably hoping for some volunteers to help to marshall the run, which I have volunteered to do! So he must have been doing a very good Pr job!

All too soon though we were at that hill I tried to tell myself that I will run up the whole lot, non stop, I tried to tell myself that, but the words would just not form in my head! I knew I would be walking! it seemed that most of the group 1 runners started off really well, I looked up and they were running, even the ones behind me were running past me! I couldn't look up anymore, I had to try and concentrate on my own ascent of this hill. But I did notice MIB walking up as well!

From the top of here, there was only one other smaller hill, but still quite steep, and then after that its all down hill. I am looking forward to this bit! It has been a good run so far, even that hill, I know I walked up it, but I did attempt to run at first!

One more quick stop at the end of 'Dog Poo' tunnel to re-group and then we all run back to the rec as one group!

A great run today, a hard run, even MIB thought so.

Geek stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment