Thursday 14 July 2011

Half Cut! Again!

Hello bloggees.

Half cut, and I have not even been to the pub. Me and the Old Boy ran half the PWR 10k, more or less the same route that the club ran on the Tuesday. And yes, it includes that steep up hill run!

The Old Boy was still aching from his pulled calf muscle, but typical bloke, he decides that this is a do-able route.

We start from Tent Peg Lane, not too far from where we live, but the Old Boy is not ready to run from the house yet, so we park the car in the car park and set off.

Through Jubilee Park, I was managing to keep up with him, either that, or the Old Boy was keeping pace with me! Which I suspect was more like it.

The weather was quite cool for this evening, I had my long sleeve top on, but of course I soon warmed up, and the sleeves made a very good mop! The Hill next, and the Old Boy saying run all the way to the top. Yeah right! I'd like to see him try it first! But I attacked the hill as best as I could, and I am sure I did run up more of it this time round!

The Old Boy was waiting for me at the top, and do you know what, he did not let me out of his sight from about here till the end! There was a couple of times he didn't see me and a slowed down to a walking pace. But on the next hill, he was behind me, literally pushing me up the hill! It was reminiscence of the days when Nagging Sister used to push me through Normans park!

The down hill sections again, how I love those down hill sections. But then I remembered, we are not stopping at 'Dog Poo' ally, we have parked our car at Tent Peg Lane! We have three bridges to negotiate! ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

The Old boy informed me that each steps of the bridges are runners! i.e. I will be running up them, but he has allowed me to walk down, "Its more dangerous to run down" he says. I am just grateful for small mercies.

It was a good run, slow, but we did go up hills, and I still had those three bridges to do. The Old boy was doing his best in keeping me going, up and over the first bridge. I walked up and I walked down! The second one came, I ran some of it, and walked down. In between each bridge the Old Boy made sure I was running. Up and over the last one! "Now sprint to the finish, the gate, then you can stop your Garmin" I tried and tried to keep on, in the end I screamed out "YOU *~+&%£@ DO IT!" which had me and the Old Boy laughing.

So there you go, geeky stats, not very fast, but still an enjoyable run.


No comments:

Post a Comment