Sunday 13 March 2011

Sometimes You Got To Run!

Hi blog readers.

Today I wasn't feeling like doing anything but what I used to do back when couch potato held top position, and that is eat. Eating for comfort, to 'make things better' two bits of toast, two bowls of porridge and handful of grapes and I still had my head in the fridge.

Sometimes bad news can bring you down, there is nothing that you can do but pray about it. Feeling helpless to help others has an effect on us all. In my case, I end up with my face in the fridge and hands in the biscuit tin, (if we had any that is).

So, after feeling sorry for my self, and a telling off, I decided that I needed to get out and run. I have a couple of races that I definitely want to do this year, so maybe I can make a difference by raising money for charities! Better than stuffing my face.

So I took myself off to get changed and then just went out and ran. I chose my usual route and started off with running with a determined heart. On my mind were three special people, I wanted to run and run as best as I could for all of them.

First mile came and went, I think, in pretty good time, half way through second mile I had a small walking point, but only for half a minute, then took myself off again, telling myself that there was no need to stop jogging at that point!

Again, I tried to get through the route from that walking point without any more walking points. Of course, I still didn't make it. But I kept a good pace going, I did four walking points all together, (Sorry Naggy, not three walking stops like I told you!) In fact you can see on the garmin geeky stats on the timing and heart rate charts, that I slowed to a walking pace, so there is no point in me trying to hide the facts!! Still, I was very pleased with the pace today.

Just running, today, just running, thoughts of those three special people on my heart, I didn't go out to break any records, or to compete with other runners, or even to play those silly games about catching up to the walkers and over taking them, all I wanted to do was to run, and to offer up my prayers as I ran along ...... and stay out of the fridge until at least dinner time!

Geeky stats for you, and just in case you were wondering, I some how beat my previous best for this route by 19 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment