Monday 7 March 2011

Attack of the Couch Potato Body!

Hello bloggers,

It is a lovely bright, sun shiny, crisp morning out there. The sort of day that makes you want to get out and enjoy it, and not stay in bed till ridiculous o'clock in the morning!.

So I got up, dressed for my run and went straight out. I thought the cold would take my breath away, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I set off with a determined head and heart. Its best to set out that way, no negative thoughts. This lasts all until I get to the end of the path!! But I quickly dispel any negative thoughts again.

I'm listening to tunes, and running with the beat. There are some good tunes playing, some are slow and some are fast. I found that Garry Moore's #Still got the blues for you# is a brilliant tune to run too! That took me pass where my legs were saying to me "Stop, you great oath" I am going the same way as I went yesterday. I am sure that I am faster on this first mile but we shall see.

(I have just plugged in my Garmin that the stupid thing has frozen up again!! its so frustrating) Its just as well I can just about remember what the time was when I stopped running, all the data been wiped out, AGAIN!)

So here I am, already run the first mile, and now on to the second. The legs are complaining like mad, tummy decides to have a go at me on this second mile. I just push on as far as I can before both legs and tummy cripple me! Just about now another limb decides to try and stop me. My arm! Or at least my shoulder. There is a pain here like I have slept funny on it, and I can feel it as I am running. But I need to keep going. I managed to jog on for just a few mins more before I slowed down to a walk.

I am trying to find reason why I am stopping. Apart from the legs hurting, and the shoulder, and breathing, which is quite settled actually, then I shouldn't be stopping. So I just go again. Only walked for a few steps and then started running again. Oh yes, I can feel Old Couch Potato body wanting to take over again. She doesn't like all this strenuous exercise, and the lack of sugar and chocolates and three takeaways a week. Old Couch Potato Body is complaining Big Time.

From Greenway though, it seems that my whole body was in cahoots with my mind, with my 'wanna be fit me!' Even the eyes were trying to blind me again, with those darn tears. Lungs were attacking me from the inside now. Firing up all sorts or 'ammo'. Well, that isn't going to stop me, It may slow me down, (I won't go into detail, but let me just say, I'm glad I leaned over the first wall, because I didn't see the lady in her garden of the second wall!) Not very lady like I know, but this is war!

So for the rest of the jog it was like that, Stopping, telling off, and going again, and those darn tears!! GRRRRR, But I know I am getting fitter.

I got to my door, stopped my Garmin and it showed 41 mins and something. Not as fast as yesterday, but as I have said, the stupid Garmin froze. Looked on the Garmin site, it told me how to restart it 'without erasing data' and guess what? It erased the data!! Tut, I am so going to send this thing back and get a new gizmo!

No comments:

Post a Comment