Thursday 31 March 2011

Early Start - Well For Me It Was!

Hello blog readers.

Today I had this still quiet voice in my head, urging me to get out of bed and go for a run. Quite frankly I was all prepared to go back to sleep, until I remembered things that I had planned today. If I was to get a run today, then this is the best time to go for it!

With the still quiet voice urging me to get my ass into gear, I potted about as much as I could before I was finally ready!

Garmin on, Ipod in place in the snazzy little pocket of my run top, key checked several times before I finally believed it was in my back pocket (well, it is still early ish for me) and then out to run. And straight back in again! It felt quite nippy out, so I went and got the Old Boys hat to keep my ears warm from the chilly wind. Second attempt (check the key in pocket!) and off I go.

Of course I had every intention of doing this non stop, not only did that still quite voice nag me in the morning, but now I have Naggys voice in my head, "Non stop, this time, no stopping at all, you can do it" I know I can do it, I have done it with Naggy.....twice now! So there should be no problem with me getting around this 3 mile course! The roads don't suddenly stretch because I am running alone, nor do the hills suddenly have 'issues' and want to be mountains! Every thing is exactly the same....although.

There is always an 'although', there is always a 'but' when I am running solo, and I know its because the old couch potato me is still pretty much part of my makeup! I try and do what the running club do, the first few minutes of running are pretty easy, and gentle warm up, and then build into those 11:30 min/miles. That's what I have to think.

But silly me did the first mile a bit quicker than I should have, and was flagging a bit. There I, I told you I always have a 'but!' I kept on pushing though, pass the first mile and kept on thinking about what I had achieved with Naggy beside me. Her voice going through my mind, I was concentrating on the songs, I was looking at the traffic, anything that would take my mind of stopping. The Old boy just says I am lazy! blooming cheek! I am trying, I am trying to run non stop, but I think it is psychological, and I know that I can do it, just my brain shuts down! And things stop running!

So, I can say again, I didn't quite manage to gt round the course in one go.....again..... but I will, I will I know I will.

Geeky stats for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment