Sunday 6 March 2011

LOOK AT THIS OLD GIRL GO!!

Hello blog people.

Well today I had a solo run. After checking facebook and finding out that Naggy had already ran an 8 mile this morning while I was at church, I thought I would let her rest up, besides her car wasn't around either!

So after indulging in some birthday cake at church, well these things need to be done, I did refuse to 'tidy up the bits left on the plate' after the pastors wife asked if I would like to help! (I was so tempted though, it was chocolate cake!) I came home and had my first cup of tea of the day. I am doing what the Old Boy does now, to try and lose some weight of this racing body of mine, I know it's in there, somewhere!

I did a quick bit of shopping before I went for my run, best to leave the cake to get passed the 'no turning back' mark before setting out. After I come back, I got my running gear on, plugged in my IPOD with some new downloaded tunes on and set off.

I was determined to run for the whole way, the whole nine yards!! Well, just over 3 miles really. The first mile went like a dream! "I can do this" I thought to myself. I must point out, though people, I am doing one of the older routes. The last time I did this route was back in January with Naggy herself whipping up my....enthusiasm to get around the whole route. So I didn't have that nasty old Hollingworth Hill to deal with! The second mile was a bit tougher, those old doubts creeping in my mind. The Old Boy thinks I lack confidence in myself to get around the route, I wish he would tell that to my legs which are starting to complain now!

Half way through the second mile is when I slow down for the first time to a walking pace, but only for a very short time. I give myself a complete telling off and get going again. "You still got to do the same distance as you have just done" I kept saying, "Now is not the time to walk" I was running down Greenway by now, and Magpiehall Lane is already starting it's evil influence on me! But I have a plan for that.

As soon as I reached Magpiehall Lane, it was eyes down, look at the pavement, I didn't even look up, I am so glad there wasn't anybody walking down there at that time, because I know I would have gone crashing into them!

I got to the top of the hill and then slowed down to a walk! Oh dear, I was so annoyed with myself, tears threatening to come spilling down as I admit defeat again, in not keeping up the running! "Pull your self together woman" I said to myself, and then got back into the groove again of running. Running to some good tunes, and running to some tunes that made me run faster! The new top I am wearing has this IPOD pocket at the back, so I wasn't able to change tunes! I just had to go with it!

But I did stop a couple of more times before I got to Faringdon, 'The Road I Dare Not Stop' Each times a pathetic whimper from my lips and those darn tears, which now don't stay around my eyes anymore, they come pouring down my face. One day, one day I am going to run a whole 5K solo! Just me and the road. One day!!

Once on The Road, etc It seemed like there was a little pressure off of me!! Strange really! But I just know that I always will run this road, non stop, till I get home! I saw a friend of mine walking along with he son and their dog, a quick puffed out 'Hi' and then almost home.

I did look at the time, and I could see that I have not beat my personal best, but hey ho, at least I am here, again, doing it. Which is what its all about, right.

Well that is what I thought before I looked at the Garmin site, before I checked out whether I had already recorded on the Garmin, this particular route! And it seems I had done. Not only that ladies and gentle folk, but I HAVE COMPLETELY SMASHED MY PB BY AT LEAST 5 MINUTES Oh yes, now who is smiling!!!!!

Geeky stats, and I shall put the last geeky stats so that you can all see, well, I like to see it side by side really!! Very Happy, very happy!!

Today's stats,



previous run on this route!

No comments:

Post a Comment