Wednesday 9 March 2011

Whinging Again!!

Hi Bloggees,

Another solo run for me this morning. And Old couch potato alter ego was trying desperately to stop me from going out before it was too late. First off the bed was just to nice and cosy to get out of, alter ego was almost winning the battle with the "but it's just so nice and warm in here". Next it was the spot I found on my face, (another one) I just had to inspect it, and then of course its the eyebrows that need looking into, then what I would look like with maybe just a little 'lift' here......... See, anything, anything distracts me from getting up to do some running!

Once I managed to do it, it was straight out of the door! My legs were complaining from the off!! Already there were the 'Stop' markers in my brain, I knew every mile mark, and which bits I slow down on, and which bits I can pick up the speed! Then next time I go running I am going to do the Old Boy has suggested, and probably naggy and others, but just thought of it as ridiculous ideas, and that is to just run. I have a Garmin, I can see where a mile and half is, and then just run back! But I shall go in a completely different direction than what I have done before.

That said, now back to today's run. All those points were in my mind, my legs are still complaining about the jog and ride yesterday, and I know I got loads to do today. For the first mile, I just concentrated on the music, my energy levels were probably left at Badgers Mount yesterday!, "But" I kept telling myself "But, you're here jogging, you're here getting the old cardio vascular thingy-me-bob going. Burning up some of those calories that you are planning on eating at the cinema later!"

There jog from mile one to home was not very good, I was jogging and walking, jogging and walking! I tried only to walk for a very few steps, just seconds, 15 or 20 seconds each time. But I gave myself such a hard time when I did walk.

I was actually glad when I got to Farringdon today, at least I could stop nagging myself!! For some reason I can run this bit non stop.

When I downloaded the Garmin data, I looked at it, and I thought, "Oxhawth is not such a big road, I should include that now, in my 'do not stop' section of my running"

As you can see from the geeky stats, there is no records broken today. Just a calorie burn up today, and there is always the bike ride later, so maybe eat more of the Revels!

Geeky stats of run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment