Thursday 24 March 2011

Beautiful, Beautiful Day!

Hello blogees,

What a glorious day out today. It just does your heart and spirit good, and makes you want to run outside in His wonderful creation, enjoying the warmth of the sun. You cant help but feel happy!

Of course I went out today, it had to be done, so after little grandson handed back to his mother, I got ready to go out. I was remembering the last time I ran for 3 miles, and that was with Naggy. I have to try and keep on track and keep to the 'Run all the way' rule.

I put on my jog pants and my brightly coloured running t-shirt, and a huge smile on my face. I have my music blaring in my ears today as I am running solo, and feeling good, even though my legs are complaining like mad after riding up all those hills yesterday! It's just good to be outside in warm weather. Running up the road, thinking about yesterdays run with Smarty Pants. It was a nice leisurely run for me, and I really did enjoy that interval running. In fact I feel like I could do that again today! But that is not what I really want to do. I need to push myself, because once I can get around a 5k route then I am going to up it to 6k then 7 and so on. Slowly does it. I know its taking me a year to get this far, but I don't like to rush into things.

The first mile went by, and thoughts of interval running is still on my mind. "Goodness" Old Girl "You are so past that stage now, pull yourself together and stop moaning" I occasionally slowed down to walk pace but only for a few seconds. Naggys voice came into my mind when I was slowing down, and I know I was just being defiant by walking just a few steps, but at least I got going again.

I ran Up Magpiehall lane, with grunts and groans escaping me, my sweat was dripping into my eyes. It really is such a lovely warm day today, I think I will need to start bring some water along. The hill conquered I did it, on my own. Just along Parkfield now and I start to slow down, I take a look at my Garmin which was showing me on at 13 min miles! I couldn't have that so I picked up the pace a bit and ran towards the pub. I was cream crackered when I got there, so just slowed dawn slightly to get my breathing under control.

I did this most of the way home, picked the pace up, then slowed down a bit. The slight incline up to Farringdom though had me beat. With no Naggy there to get me going, I turned off 'Naggy radar' and tuned into 'couchie' saying "Slow down Old girl, you know the next road you wont stop running so take a break now" I listened to that silly old voice, all the other voices were non existent as I gathered my thoughts and breath and looked to the corner where I shall be running all the way home.

So there, I admit it, still not run the whole flaming way by my self, but near as darn it!

Now for the geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment