Thursday 28 February 2019

Track Thursday!

Hello Readers

You gotta love a track session, it's the only reason I can think of that gets me out of the door!  Track sessions are tough, but then it is a training session.  I am quite hard on myself, though I feel I could still push myself just a little bit more!  Hmm, more naggying from me and Naggy me thinks!

You know this week has been absolutely glorious, positively spring like in appearance. I even spotted Naggy in flipflops at the weekend!  People were having lunch in their garden (That's Auriol and Nigel) tee-shirt weather!  Yet this evening, when you really need it to be all of that and more, then the fake spring finishes!  The weather was damp, and apparently it really did come down quite heavy earlier during the day, but being indoors I didn't see that!  I knew SnappyH wasn't coming out to play on the track, and Shalini, who has yet to sample the joys of Track, couldn't make it either.  I was just hoping that Naggy wasn't going to say she couldn't make it, that really would make me head for the fish and chip shop!  But fortunately she was in need to run some shit out!  Running does that to you, of course I don't mean it in the literal sense (although......??) but running does help you run some issues out, help you get things off your chest.  Naggy needed to run! Phew, so I am running too, no excuse. Get out there and do some training!

I looked at the session this afternoon, I didn't quite understand what it entailed, probably best really.  Naggy came for me and we got in the car, I don't think she knew what the session was either, all she knew was that she just had to run it out!  We got to the track, which was still damp from the rain, we missed the chat about what we were going to be doing and followed the crowd to our warm up positions.  Jane was taking our warm drills today and we got straight into to.  Four little loops, some skipping, drum majorettes, sideskipping, you know the usual!  You can't run on cold legs!

When that was all done we walked over to the opposite corner to the faster runners, ready to start our session.  That's when I understood what I had read on the FB page.  We were doing 4 lots of 400 hundreds, with 90 seconds rest, with a 2.30 rest after the last lap, then doing it again!  It was going to be a fast one...I hope!  It was around then that the rain started to come down, just nice and gentle, just enough not to make it horrible!

The first four laps took me 15:08 mins, that includes the 3 rest stops of 90 secs or so between each lap.  The second park I only did 3 and a half laps, I did that in 13:20 mins.  A bit of me wishes I did that second half of lap, the other bit of me says, 'Nah, enough, you done enough"  Which is why I only done half of the fourth lap!

But I was quite pleased with it, I think I did all right!  I must go and look at my watch and figure out again, how to do that lap checking stuff, just so that I can see laps!  Anyway, here's my geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment