Tuesday 19 February 2019

Club Run

Hello Blog Readers.

I was looking forward to my run this evening, only a few extra days left to get into my frock for the ball of the year, Kirsty's Ball, A Night To Remember.  I don't know if you know this, but I look after a very lovely young lady who has Cystic Fibrosis, she is 25 years old and would you believe she is the great niece of Max Bygraves!  Kirsty and her mum have been very busy behind the scenes doing all they can to make this ball a real night to remember.  They are raising money for three charities that are close to their hears, St Christopher's Hospice Young Adults, Bucket List Wishes and Cystic Fibrosis Trust.  It's going to be a glittering occasion, please click HERE to help them raise as much money as they can for these three worthy charities.  I promise I will put some pictures up of the occasion on Sunday!

So with that in mind, and with Sundays run still fresh in my mind, it really does make me think about just how fortunate I am that I can run.  Ok so it's not fast, but this Old Girl was never built for speed anyway, and it's definitely not graceful either.  I look and sound like an elephant on 50 fags a day, but I am out there, running, chatting, running!  I can do it through the grace of God!  Sometimes we really do need to count our blessings, be thankful for what we can do.

I was running in group 2 this evening, Ruth was leading.  There were 18 of us in the group, quite a number considering it's half term week!  Maybe that is the reason, everyone wanting to get out and run!  Naggy couldn't make it but Shalini could, I knocked at her house and then we went to collect GetYourLegsUpTracy.  A quick stop off  to J.J.'s and we went to the rec.  There really were quite a few people there, we were stood at the back of the crowd trying to listen to the routes.  I could here some of them, Nikki is always so clear and I deffo can hear her!  I must try and remember to project my voice next week, like she does!

Dispersion into our groups and then a count up.  We were all ready to go.  The lights went on and we moved to the path and started running.  We turned left out of the gate and then ran along to Manor Way, Ruth wasn't making us run the whole length of this road.  I offered to sweep as usual although we all shared in the sweeping, me, J.J. Ariol and GYLUT.

It seemed to be a nice gentle run in group 2, Ruth did say that she wasn't feeling a 100% so it won't be too fast.  I loved it, I was chatting away to who ever was at the back and just having a great time.  I love club runs, it's a social!  Thursday evening club runs are a completely different animal!  Those runs are the ones that you run hard!

I was feeling pretty good, even getting up the undulations seemed more pleasurable, I do like runs like this when it all just feels good!

So here's my geeky stats, looks a bit spooky, don't it!  It is spooky that I am feeling good running along undulations!  But I really did!

No comments:

Post a Comment