Thursday 7 February 2019

Track Thursday - Just The Ticket!

Hello readers,

Its Thursday which means track, the weather is dry, not as cold as it has been. There is no parents evening, no OFSTED and no worky things keeping us from doing track! It's been a pretty emotional time and I was looking forward to getting out there and doing as much as I could.  Sometimes you just have to look at yourself and think that at least you can get out there and do these things!  A good run always helps to get your sense of balance back, get you ready for the next day!

So what did PhysioMikeTheMod have planned for us this evening.  It's all about the marathon Training at the moment, although I am only doing half a marathon!  I need to start putting in the effort now, its only about 8 weeks away or something like that!  No room for slacking now!  Track, Normans Angels Training, club runs and any other form of exercise I can cram in between now and then is all good.  The session was three lots of 1 mile laps, thats 4 times around the track with a 400 jog recovery!  Sounds a lot doesn't it, well fortunately that session was for the faster ones, me and the other 27 minute and more parkrunners were doing 3 x 1200's with a 90 sec recovery!  I was determined to do as much as I can before the end of the session finished.  There is no getting away with it, I am slower than most........no, no........than all the others on the track.  But I don't let it bother me, how can I.  When all I get from all the faster runners all just keep encouraging me to do my best!  I love it!  And it does make me want to just keep on keeping on!

There was the warm ups to do with Jane first, always a nice time to have a chat with everyone, look at Joanne running around in her duvet!  Then we walked or jogged over to our starting point, the opposite corner to where the faster runners will be starting.  Then it begins, of course I have all my gadgets with me, with just the one ear bud in of course, just to hear Jabra lady telling me all the geeky stats, so that I know whether to pick up the pace a bit or not.  I could check out on the timing thingys that PMTM puts out for us to calculate our 90 secs recovery, but I am not that good a mental arithmetic, I can just about calculate to 90 secs recovery.

So three laps started, me messing with my gadgets to get them started, it was just as well, because usually I try and fly off with the fast runners, burn out at the first 200m and then struggle with the rest of the session.  So by the time I had my Jabra lady telling me that I needed to adjust the left ear bud to detect heart beat the others had already pulled at least 50 to 100 meters in front of me, I can use meters instead of feet only because of the track markings,  makes me look current! Ok, maybe not!   But is does look as if I am more professional!  So there I was playing catch up, although I knew I wouldn't be catching anyone up at track.  But I had to try. 

The first lap done and I started the second, from there I had this blimmin annoying stitch.  It would not leave me for the next two laps!  I was hoping it would go after the 90 sec rest. The third lap I still had the stitch and I tried to stretch it out while running, always looks weird, running with your arm up, ballet style!  It didn't shift it!  By the time the 90 secs rest had come I had kind of got used to it being there.

When I started the second of the reps, (Jane came me the option of only doing 2) the stitch had all but gone.  So there was no doing only two laps, not yet, there and that's that, I have a half to get ready for!  On the second lap the stitch came back, 'Sod it, I am just going to have to run with it' I thought to myself.  I blamed the tasty chicken and bacon baguette I had for lunch.  I don't usually do a lot of bread but I really fancied it!  So that got the blame for my stitch.  I completed the second set of three laps, I think everybody else were on the second lap of the last rep!  So for my last rep I decided I would only do two laps, then if I had time to do the last 800m jog recovery I would do that too, but as it happened I only had time to do 600m! 

So, not too bad, I did more that I usually do when I attend track, usually I am all for taking the shorter session.....yes I know I did a shorter session this time, but I am working on that!  Got to try, try and try again! 

Geeky stats for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment