Tuesday 5 March 2019

Club Run Group 2

Hello blog readers

Today it's club run, I really needed a good run.  I was in two minds as to which group I would go into. I text the usual buddies, Shalini, Tracy, but they couldn't make it, even Naggy was quiet, I had a sneaky suspicion she would have liked it to have stayed that way too!  But I knew we would both enjoy it and totally benefit from it once we were out.

So we had no one to pick on the way there, it was just as well as we were running just a tiny bit late.  Once we were in the car, however, it didn't take long and before we knew it we were parking up and walking to the rec.  There were just tons of people there, CaroleWithAnE, RefMichael, LouLou and her hubby from the beginners!  It's all exciting stuff.  I was still in two minds as to which group I was going to be in, I noticed that RefMichael was leading so I was swaying more to Group 2 rather than 3, maybe when I see the leaders that will help me decide.

I squeezed my way to the front to see the line up, there was once on the new leaders, someone I have don't think I have run with and I don't think I have been I have been in a group run with.  I noticed that HannahH was leading group 2 and of course I knew Auriol was leading Group 1.  Group 1, if I am not leading then I won't be running in.  I have at least made that decision, group 2 or 3 only if I am not leading.  I decided, group 2, but I won't sweep, I will try and stay in the front runners or the middle.

So that was it, decision made, after the intro's were done we all dispersed to our meet our leaders.  I still had a look at group 3 but I knew I made the right choice.  There were 11 of us in group 2, with on of the Beginners joining in too!  I was most impressed. There was also a couple of move-uppers, they were with me in group 1 last week and now have moved up to group 2.  Great stuff! 

Now the running bit.  And boy did we run!  I deffo think I chose the right group.  But then I am running ahead of myself....pun intended, as if I ever run ahead of anybody!  But I really did try this evening.  when HannahH asked for a sweeper I kept my hand down and mouth shut!  I was going to run in the middle of the group or up in the front with the front runners.  That was m plan anyway.  in fact from now till I move up (there I go again, making assumptions) but when I move up I will deffo be sweeping.  I want to feel comfortable in the group before I do move on up! 

Hannah told us the route again, had a count up and then we were ready to go.  IllustriousLeader was sweeping so I know I really wont be needed.  I just need to keep some of the runners behind me!  We started of out of the gate and then down Crossways towards Tudor way, she was taking us along to Beaumont road.

It started to rain, I don't like running in the rain and it seemed to be getting heavier.  I really don't like running in the rain, just as long as it don't get much heavier than this not fine rain, but enough to give you a soaking.  I tried putting my hood up on my jacket as I started to run but it just blew off, oh well, so much for the hood!  I was really struggling to keep in the middle of the pack, I couldn't look at my Garmin as it was under my sleeves and I had my sleeves oer my hands to keep me warm!  If deffo felt a little fast but we all seemed to running together, not too much of a gap/

When we got to the top of Beaumont road, just by Crofton road I did manage to look at my watch, well my hands had warmed up so I would rather be looking at my watch than not!  It's just so that I can pat myself on the back that I was doing well.  At one point we were running some of the route in 11;25 m/mi, maybe just the down hill sections!  I do love a downhill!  There wasn't many down hill sections, in fact this route was virtually as flat as a pancake!  Funny that really, as this is the only pancake I have had today, on Shrove Tuesday!  I do love a pancake! The down hill slopes and up hill slopes were virtually unnoticeable, so it's just as well that HannaH was pushing me or I should say pulling me along a bit quicker than I would go in group 1!  It's what move up week is all about!  Pushing yourself just a little as try a new group.....yes I know I wasn't trying a new group, but I was trying a new position in the group!  Does that count!?

It was just as we got over the bridge that one of our runners had to pull out of the running with the rest of us as her leg had some sort of pull going on.  You just know that if you push it anymore you could do some incredible damage, so it's best to quit and either go slower or walk back.  AliTried (it was her that hurt her leg) ran/walked back with IllustriousLeader while we carried on.  I found out after we got back that they joined up with group1 to finish off with them.  We carried on through the high street to LakesWood. 

By this time I was sweeping, I offered to sweep when IllustriousLeader and AliTried  went their own way.  I was at the back anyway struggling to keep up, it made perfect sense.  I was feeling pretty good with the way I was running, I knew it was hard and I was pushing to keep up with them but I was keeping up with them.  The test will be the last road, the one going around a big horseshoe shaped part of the run. This is where those cheeky slopes are, just at the end of the run, just when you really don't need them, but really you know they are going to do some good!

I kept up, ish. she had to send them off to Little Thrift and back again (but actually none of them did come back to us, claiming they did hear that instruction!) but after that I kept up with the, well, me Selena and CaroleWithAnE kept up with them!  I loved it, I can say that now that I have finished, but it really was a good run, and I am glad that I could keep up with them all, more or less anyway!

Here's our geeky stats from the back, notice that the avg pace is 15;23, but we were deffo running faster, honest guv!


No comments:

Post a Comment