Tuesday 12 February 2019

Club Run - Group 2

Hello readers

After having the most laziest of weekends, no running what so ever, it felt good to get out and do some running.  Of course if I am not leading in group 1 then I am running in group 2, simples.  This evening it was IllustriousLeader leading it, seems like old times! 

Some of our regualr crew were not running this evening, Naggy and GetYourlegsUpTracy, but it is good to have J.J. back and K and Shalini!  We were all in different groups though, I think J.J. K. and Kathy were all running in group 1 with Auriol leading, Shalini, having had a nasty fall a month ago was going to be running in group 3.  That's the logistics done, so no for the run its self.

I couldn't quite hear I.L. standing at the back of the group as we all listened to the leaders, there are just so many PWR's that turn up for a meet on a Tuesday, it's great to see!  But of course, it does mean that if you are late you will be at the back trying to listen to the routes. At least I knew which group I would be running in and of course where we gather, so as soon as everyone started to disperse to find their leaders I headed over to the group 2 spot.  LouLou and CarolWithAnE, Ruth and some people from group 1 were all there, I think there were 17 runners in I.L. group this evening, Not bad at all,  Of course I said I would sweep, but there were already were two sweepers so I kind of did some assisting sweeping.   Not quite at the back but definitely not in the front!  Anyway, lets start from the beginning.

While we were all getting counted and waiting for the groups to filter out of the gate I.L. again went over the route, that is where I heard......Tillingbourne Green!  Do I like Tillingbourne or what!  I would always say What! It's a challenge, I really need to challenge my self more, but, maybe just enjoy this run this evening.  It seemed perfect running weather, positively spring like, well it was this morning, the sun was shining, it really didn't cool down to much by the time this evening came.  I only had on 2 layers, I knew that as soon as I started running then one layer will be off pretty soon after.

The route we took was straight up Birchwood, the first of the hills!  Of course we are still all just warming up so we didn't bomb it up there, just a nice steady run to the top. We had followed up another group, I saw RefMichael in there so I presume it was group 3!  I was still recovering from running up the hill to notice anyone else in that group!

Once at the top we all turned right, crossed over the road and headed for Tillingbourne Green.  It's been a while since we been there, this really is a great challenge, but I failed it!  Let me tell you from when we got there.  As you know, once at Tillingbourne we have just a gather and then we start to run around the Green.  It begins with that short slope going up with the very long slope going down.  Now considering we have to run all the way around this green then you will realise that we have to again run back up to the start point.  It does look quite scary for some people that have never done hills before, or for mojo hunters like myself!  I am enjoying by running again, feeling good, not really pushing out hard.....too often.  But I need to get back to it.  Still, club runs are my fun runs with my running buddies, even though I am moving up and down the groups!

I.L. said that we could all do this loop at our own pace, just go do it and enjoy it at our own pace.  Once we all started you could see the faster runners and the slower runners in the group.  In every group there are the faster ones that are not quite ready to take that step up to the next group!  I know some of these guys here tho are deffo group 3 runners.  CWAE was way up front with some other people hot on her hills.  She was on fire, I was at the back with one of the runners who had moved up.  I was saying that she should take it at her own pace, maybe have a little stop after running down the hill and then along to where it started to go back up again.  Just to take a breather, but once there she just went straight up it!  Alison was not stopping for anybody, I think she just wanted to get it all over and done with.   Me, well, I kind of took it easy, it was more of a faster paced walk than a run!  But I still kept up the back runners so I think I was ok.

That hill done, a breather taken, Swanly Train run spoken about and we were ready to finish the rest of the run.  It was up another hill first!  But that was it, once that hill had been done it was virtually all flat.  We headed towards Willet Way, down that road there are four closes, for little roads where were were going to be running down and back up!  I usually say to the leaders who lead us down here that I would stay with the ones that didn't feel they wanted to do it, but this time I thought I would keep my mouth closed and my hands firmly by my side and just run them!  I am glad I did.  We did have one faller however, but he had a friend with him to run back to his car with, it was just as well because my hand is usually first up to opt out of the running and to walk back with an injured person!

At the end of Willet way there was Crossways, the end of our run!  I really enjoyed it today, the weather was just perfect, the company was perfect and the leader was perfect!  You gotta love PWR!

Here's my geeky stats.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment