Wednesday 2 January 2019

Still At It! And It's only The 2nd Of January!

Hello blog readers.

Ok, todays title is a bit naff I know, but I really am trying to be more active, I spent too much time chillaxing! And really, this is about 4 days in a row so far! So this morning me and Naggy was again at Norman Park.  But this time we didn't run!  'So why are you blogging then Old Girl' I hear you all say!  Well, of course we don't normally just go to Norman park for a shits and giggles, we actually went there to do some exercising.

Naggy's calves were a bit tight this morning so we decided to do 3 laps power walking instead of our usual running!  Well now,  I have never been a very fast walk, I am a 20 min/mi walk type of girl, especially with my short fat little legs! But power walking is what was on the agenda.  I had brought along my earphones to listen to music, I had them before I knew what Naggy had planned, but as we were walking I decided that a chat would be so much nicer.  Naggy hadn't brought hers to the park either. In fact, I am sure Naggy wasn't even ready when I knocked at her door this morning! I was wondering if she even planned to get out this morning!

So like I said, walking usually for me, is as slow as a tortoise walking through treacle!  That's how slow I am, but this is exercise and I am just going to have to keep up with Naggy!  I have been out with walking with Naggy before, you know, when we've walked the dogs, or been on a night out, boy can she walk fast, even in high heels!  So my plan was if I couldn't keep up with her then when I fell behind a bit I would just jog along to catch up.

We started our Garmins, I had remembered to bring it this time, and we started our walking as we pushed the start buttons.  Yup, she still can walk fast!  It took me a while to get my pace up to hers walking, I had to jog a bit to catch up to her, but I managed to stay mostly by her side.  So, is it me, or does everyone else think that walking fast seems so much harder that running along at a nice slow steady pace?  I could feel different muscle groups working in my legs!  Maybe this speed walking will do me some good!  I really tried hard to do as much walking as I could rather than the running!  Now, how weird is that sentence!?

Walking was good, we chatted all the way around our three laps, but we both decided that actually it's bloody boring!  If we didn't have each other for company that is, and we decided that if the speed walking was to take place it needed to be somewhere a bit more interesting than round and round a park!  Mind you, I pointed out that if that was the case then then the scenery could distract you from walking fast and you could end up just ambling around enjoying the country side!  Of course it would have to be the country side, you couldn't possibly walk fast in city centres.

So, we did have our Garmins on and this is my stats for my walk!  I am quite impressed with it really, I have run less distance and taken longer that what I have just here!  Go figure!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/3266261846' title='Day 2 Walking Session' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment