Monday 7 January 2019

Friday and parkrun day!

Hello blog readers,

Just in case you think I had missed out a  couple of days of my Janathon, well here is the geeky stats about them.

The first is for Friday!  I was feeling flipping knackered but I knew I wanted to do something.  So my new earphones came into play again with a workout!  That's right, not only does it allow me to Spotify all over the place, not only can it track me running and check out my heart rate while on a bike spinning, it can also give me a workout!  The works, star jumps, burpess, crunches, wall sits!  I did it all......for 5 mins and then for 7 minutes! Fecking ada!  It was tough, but I think if I keep at it I will get better! So here is the two stats from my work out!  It's something, it's something I wouldn't have done if it was Janathon!
 

And so for parkrun day!  It was NaggyNeighbours 50th parkrun!  So the bakers made themselves known and got busy doing their wonderful stuff!  Cake is always a welcome at parkruns, especially for us slow runners!

I had trouble walking and there I was planning on running!  I had already decided that as I am doing this crazy run (exercises) every day in January then the running is not going to be fast, record breaking or even record chasing.  It's all about getting out there and doing!  After all the announcements were done, a big cheer going up after the run director called out Naggy's name we all got ready to run.  Most of the usual crowd were there, GetYourLegsUpTracy, CarolWithAnE, RefMichael, SnapperHannah and Ade!  We were all kind of spread among the hundreds of runners!  It's amazing how the new year brings out all the runners and keep fitters again!  I am sure they can't all be regulars, every week runners!  There just seems to be so many!  In fact the car park was totally full and the marshals were telling every one trying to get into the car park to try and find space out side on the roads. 

The count down began and we all surged forward.  I was fumbling about with my gadgets, I turned on my Garmin then started to get my other gadget working, so I can record everything!  I don't know why I like these geeky stats but I just do!

The first long Straight I caught up with GetYourLegsUpTracy with her daughter, who was doing her first ever parkrun!  And what a day to chose to do it!  So many people, it could be quite daunting for newbies!  I decided to keep pace with them and chat to them, well, I was going to be running the next day too!  We ran at a nice steady pace, trying to keep GYLUT daughter motivated, but she was really struggling!  I think I would struggle too if that was my first run!  It's not as easy as you think, especially with all those people around!  She didn't quite do the whole of the park run!  She managed the first lap and then decided that it was enough.  Me and GYLUT continued without her still keeping a nice steady pace, after all there was that run that we were both doing the next day!

It really was just a nice steady pace all the way round and soon enough we were back ready to start the final lap.  We say her daughter again and encouraged her to just do one more lap with us, as it wasn't even a full lap.  She decided that she would do that and started to run with us again.

So it wasn't the fastest of parkruns but then I wasn't planning on it being that, and the worse thing is I had not taken my barcode!  So not logging on the official parkrun site for me!  Oh well, I still have my geeky stats, and I still enjoyed some wonderful cakes, Lemon Drizzle, chocolate brownies, and some raspberry and chocolate things!  Delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment