Thursday 10 January 2019

Double, Double, Woo Hoo!

Hello blog readers

Well I can't remember the last time I did a double on a Thursday!  So I am pretty pleased with myself today, doing a double has been pretty difficult to do.  Mainly because I would have to get up early and go by myself which is really, not what doing a double on a Thursday is all about!  Thursday is running with my buddies, whether morning or evening!

This Morning

This morning I picked up GetYourLegsUpTracy and we drove on to the rec.  There we met up with all the other Thursday morning runners.  It was good to be back.  Even DiscoRich said so!  IllustriousLeader was taking our group and we were going through the woods!  Oh, how I have missed the woods!  The smells, the solitude......well actually the woods are quite busy in the mornings with runners, dog walkers and us lot of course.  There where 8 of us and I think in the other two groups there were more or less the same.  It seems to have become quite popular since the last time I came along.  It's good to see. 

Anne took us in through Dog Poo ally and then we turned left to go along the bottom path. which wasn't as muddy as I thought it may have been.  I could have probably worn my new running shoes, but I am not ready to get them too dirty!  So my old trainers came back out of the cupboard. We were running at a nice steady pace, I was just enjoying being in the woods again.  It seems to have been ages and ages since the last time, it just felt so nice!  

We ran along by the rail line and then up, up, up to the lovely house in the middle of these woods!  I would so love to own that house, it's just gorgeous!  Mind you, I probably wouldn't be able to drive to it, not down Botany Bay Lane, it's way to skinny a road!  But it is just so lovely to run down, only we were running up it!  All the way to the path that turns left, I.L. was taking us down Goss Hill.  That's better!  It's strange isn't, I am so enjoying my running again now, but I don't 'arf moan about it!  Too hilly,  too fast, too  long, too this, too that!  but oh my goodness, do I feel so good when I am done!

It was the same today with the run through the woods, this morning it wasn't too long or too fast.  Hills? well yes but thats my beloved woods for ya!  We ran along the stream and then back along the path to the railway, and back to the rec, but we took the top path, which when it does get muddy down this end then tis' the path to use to avoid the worse.

Some good stretches and that was done.  Brilliant, love,love, loved it.  Here's my geeky stats.


Track Thursday

And so we talk about track.  To be honest I didn't think I would be doing track.  The whatsapp group was busy chatting about everything else, but track never got a mention.  I knew Naggy was on call and I half expected her to say she wouldn't be able to do it, SnapperHannah was awfully quiet too!  So come the evening I texted Naggy was deffo up for it!  I did try and persuade her, you know like, "it's cold outside, you going to be tired, you got a nice bike indoors" sort of stuff, but she was having none of it!  There was only one thing for it, I nagged SnapperHannah to do it too!  Then she started quoting what her new Garmin says about recovery time!  Naggy stepped in, "Don't worry about it".  I just told her that I am sure they are only guide lines anyway! So this is how I roll when I go to track, thinking that I wasn't going to track I now had to find some clean running gear!  Socks where there only thing that eluded me, but hey ho, who hasn't run in odd socks, right!  Heck, I even ran a race in odd shoes!



So there we all are, in the car on the way to Track.  Of course we are all really pleased with ourselves.  Smug mode all round, but now we just have to see how we do at track.  When we got there we saw how many people were there, the usual fast running club was there, you know, the one that has Dina Asher Smith as a member, and then there was our lot, at the top of the track ready to do some running.  

The session today was, as PhysioMikeTheMod said him self, was a bit boring!  For the faster runners it was 3 times 1600 with 90 sec rest, for the slower ones it was 3 times 1200's.  And that was it!  For those that don't know the Normans Park Track, it's 400m a lap.  "I could do this!" It's only three lots of running, right!  We did our warm ups, the faster ones doing theirs on the track and us slower ones with Jane doing drills and what not.  Then the session began.  We started at the opposite end to the faster ones, just so that we don't clash when the 90 secs rest happened, I set up my earphones, I didn't put the music on, but I did want it to record geeky stats!  I started running with the rest of my group and then watched as they all pulled away!  Jeez I am slow!  I wasn't going to beat myself up though, as my beautiful mates tell me, at least I am out here doing it!  Then the faster runners started to pass me by.  I am sure you all know by now, that just because you are a slow runner or fast runner, we all all buddies!  We are all supportive to one another and hearing them all saying "Well done Old Girl, keep going"  is what track is all about!

I have been telling everyone that has asked about track that it is good, it will help you to get faster, as long as you put the effort in of course.  But when they hear 'track' and hear that it's mostly group 5 and up some of them get worried.  But then I tell them "Look at me, a group 1/2 plodding around, doing it"  and let me tell you I do plod around and yet my buddies still encourage me, all the way round!  Love it,

I did the first 3 laps, I really wanted to stop but my mates just kept me going.  The first rest stop and boy was I looking forward to it! I took every second and a little bit more.  Jane then said to me that maybe I should just do 800's for the next two, I felt it probably best that I do that too.  After all, I had ran this morning!  I also thought that as I am doing this silly thing Janathon, I am doing extra activities that I wouldn't normally do anyway, so anything I do this month is all good, no matter how slow!

So the last two reps for me were 800's, I did it, I really wanted to, I still wonder when, after all this years, if it ever gets easier!  I am still working on that answer!  So far it's 'no' but one day I know it's going to change!

Geeky stats from both my Garmin and Jabra!  Oh, Jabra kept me going too, kept talking in my ear about how I was doing!  I chose not to put music on by it seemed that Jabra thought I needed to hear some and played me the only two tunes that I have on my Iphone, "My heart will go on" and "Crazy For You"  Hmm maybe I should think about putting some music on my phone.......nah, I will stick with spotify! But of course, on the track the sweet sweet sounds of my running buddies is all I need!


Just look at that geeky stat right there!  On the up!

No comments:

Post a Comment