Thursday 24 January 2019

Janathon Day 24 Track Session

Hello blog readers

Really had to get my head ready for tonights track session.  After the disastrous non attendance of club run I really had to make sure that I went out this evening with my buddies.  I rallied the troops together, that's Naggy and SnappyH, make sure there is no excuse not to go.  Naggy was deffo up and ready for it, even though she only got in from work about 45 minutes before track was due to start! 

We picked up SnappyH on the that and we arrived at track just as PhysioMikeTheMod was telling everyone what the session was today!  It was complicated, or it seemed complicated.  I was just going to do what I could hopefully it will look something like what PMTM had planned. 

We split into the two groups, the faster parkrunners and the over 27 minute parkrunners.  We do our warm up just by the nets for the hammer throw.  I was just crossing the track as the faster ones were all lining up to do their tempo warm up run when PMTM said ' Ok, go!".  There must have been about 30 faster runners, all totally focused on getting warmed up for the session running towards me.  I was still crossing the track with three more lanes to go!  Which way do I go?  Straight over, or just run on the track and try and move to the left to get out of their way with dignity?  I knew if I ran with them there would be no getting out, I could be on burn out mission if I tried keeping in the crowd.  I decided I will just keep on moving to the inside lane and hopefully not get mowed down, poor Darren's face when he saw this Old Girl crossing his path, hands held out ready for impact as he charged towards me!  I think he managed to put the breaks on and I managed to get out of his way.  I think about then I just closed my eyes and kept going for the grassy area with Janes group watching me get in with the big boys and girls! Phew.  That was so close to being a disaster!

I joined my running buddies in the safety of the, I don't know what this bit of ground is called, but I shall call it the warm up area, we ran around and we did our warm up with Jane.  We did all sorts of dynamic muscle warming stuff, skipping, high knees, drum majors etc, until we were warm up ready for the session. 

I brought my Jabra along, it so encouraging seeing that little VO2 thing moving upwards!  I also had my Garmin too,  I think both of them are set up to send to Strava too!  Geeky stats overload!  I shall tray and delete one from Strava, no need to have double on there!  So there I was ready for the session, warmed up, gadgets all set and we get the off!  I'm switching on my Jabra, getting some tunes running at my running pace, and then finally switching on my Garmin, 200 meters after I started!  But that's fine, the beauty of having two geeky stat makers!

The first lap should be 3 laps for us slower ones, I did two and half laps, then it was two laps, and then maybe a lap and a half!  I really had lost it by then, I was just listening to Jane instead.  Between each running rep there was a 90 second rest.  A tough session, mainly because I had to try and remember what lap I had done.  I do like running to a whistle, I don't have to think then!  Anyway, Jabra liked my workout!  I liked my workout....I think I should have done more though!  Next week, next week I will try harder, just a bit more!  I can do this!  I got this!  It's done!




We really do work pretty hard at track on a Thursday, here take a look at us all doing our cool down stretches with Jane!  The steam coming off these guys just,  I bet we could create our own weather system here in Normans park!  Pretty impressive!




Photos from SnappyH


No comments:

Post a Comment