Sunday 13 January 2019

Janathon Day 11,12 and 13

Hello blog readers.

Whose blimmin idea was this Red January, Janathon stuff!  I mean, it's so hard!  Ok yesterday it wasn't so hard as it's parkrun!  Who don't love going to park run, but Friday I was left to my own devices, trying to do something!  So Jabra sports lady was back in my ears.  I thought I would try to do 4 sets!  Really, ha ha ha!  I tried, but two sets is all i managed, the cardio and the takeoff again!  Ok, so it was something, I did it, I sweated and it was something I wouldn't normally do before going to work!  So I think I can count that as day 11 done!

Day 12, well that was easy, it was parkrun day.  No thinking about a route, pace, people, just me getting on with it.....with Jabra in my ears of course.  But yesterday four of us decided that we would go tourist.  It was Naggys idea, she was meeting her Tri friends and asked if I wanted to go, o I asked the others to see if they did too, only SnapperHannah and Wendimoo took us up on the offer.  Of course going to a new place means getting up earlier!  It's not our local, not even a next local!  I was at Naggy's house at 8 am and then we went off to collect SnapperHannah and Wendimoo.  Satnav on and we drove to Danson Park.  We were not quite sure where the start of the run is but first things first was the loos! It has to be done.   

By the time we finished in the loos there were quite a few people to follow to where the start of the parkrun begins. When we were walking, following the crowds (not the walking group that happened to be using the park as well and who were already doing their thing) we also saw some painted signs on the tarmac little squares with the words parkrun and an arrow!
Karin had found her Tri friends and we all waited for the run to start.

I like this course, it's only two laps but there is a lot to look at.  There is the huge park, wide open space, there is the boating lake with the wild life on there and then there is the woody bit, all of which we were running through or next to.  The bit I didn't like, it has an uphill section.  Well, as IllustriousLeader would call it a very gentle slope!  SnapperHannah noticed that it was an elevation of 44, where as Norman Park only has.....4!  So like I said, a slight incline, or a mountain, depending on how you are feeling!

The 'Off' was giving and we all started to move in the direction of the road!  I was at the back, I like being at the back and I can do my own thing.  I was getting all my gadgets going, my Garmin and my music and my Jabra!  So many things to push start on!  But as long as I have the important ones, Garmin and Jabra, the music can wait! 

I tried very hard not to run fast with the crowd, SnapperHannah, here now shortened to SnappyH, Wendimoo and Naggy were all off in the front, they always are!  I am just in a 'Get around, it's Red January' style of running, so there will be not knocking my b......eanie hat off trying to chase a pb!  Mind you, new venue, new pb!  I can have that!  I really thought we were going to be running along side the road, but the path turned left to run along beside the boating pond, we didn't need to touch the road!  We ran along and passed the place where we will be getting a coffee later and where we had parked our car, just on the other side of the park fence!  This was the up hill bit!  We passed quite a few volunteers, all of which were totally into the whole cheering thing!  Anyone would think that PWR had trained them (I love my club, especially when we host our 10k!) They really were out all the way to make sure you were the only person that were doing your utmost best!  Marvellous!

We passed a lovely house that was in the park, I think it was called Danson House, it makes sense really as the park is called Danson Park!  It looks like a lovely house, I could imagine spending a weekend in there, maybe solving a murder on one of those murder weekends!  It totally looks the part!  When I thought we were heading back to the start we turned right instead, doing a little bit extra, which really I was pleased with, because that is the bit that goes through the woods!  We were only in there briefly but it's always so refreshing.  Just a little bit further on, towards where we started and ready to do lap no.2!

Fantastic, I really enjoyed it, I took this picture of these lovely swans on the way round on the second lap, they just wanted to be photographed, or did they just want something to eat!  Who knows, I think if I looked as pretty as these swan I would just swim up to everyone and say "Hey, look at me, aren't I gorgeous"  Here look at them!

The second lap was a bit slower than the first lap but I had my 'race' in eye sight to keep it interesting.  It was a chap in a purple teeshirt.  I just knew I had to keep him either just behind me or just in front of me!  I need a little competition like that to keep me on my toes.  It was going well too until I got 'lazy' and he stayed in front of me just a little bit too long and so I decided to chose the next person, a lady in a great jacket.  We started to play 'cat and mouse' for the last half a mile of so, and yet purple shirt man was still just ahead of me!  Dare I even think about getting in front of him again.  I will have to start doing some running! I decided that it is what I would do, I was going to go for it!  And what better section of the run to do it then on this lovely little downhill bit! Through the woods too!  I just had me a ball running through there and I passed the lady in grey and the man in purple!  Boolaccasha! Pick the bones from that! 

Of course once on the flat I had to make sure they neither of them got back in front of me, there was only a very short bit left! Just out of the woods, turn left towards the gate, and yet more lovely marshals I might add, and then just that bit, just that bit to go!  Just only to where the finish funnel is, Naggy, SnappyH and Wendimoo!  So near, and those other two parkrunners will not be getting in front of me.  I did it! I flippin did it! Phew!  Parkrun no.89 done!  Only eleven more to do before I do the 100!  We walked over to the Boat house which is where there coffee and cake shop was and we bought some lovely hot chocolate and I had a choc chip shortbread! Yum! Afterwards we all came home!

Both me and SnappyH took some more pictures of Danson park, including this gorgeous goose (I think it's a goose anyway)

Goose
Me taking picture of the goose


My official parkrun time was 42:33 and my Garmin said 42:43.  Now here's the thing, I put my Garmin on to charge before I connected to my phone to transfer information!  Some reason it had a right hissy fit and decided not do do anything, I couldn't turn in off, I couldn't put the light on, I couldn't look at stats, no button would work!  It needed to charge but even when I left on charge it to go have a it still didn't show that it was taking a charge, it just showed the time, just like any other ordinary watch!  There was only one thing, I had to try and do the reset thing.  I tried to do it a couple of times and nothing, the last time I did it I held the buttons for just a little bit longer and then it turned off!! Brilliant, but it took with it my last entry! Oh well, just as well I had Jabra as my wingman!




And so we are on to today!  I am feeling tired, 12 days of non stop something energetic is pretty hard!  I didn't manage to get this far last year.  Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you all I attempted it last year!  I happened to see Naggy chopping wood this morning on my way to church. I found out that she was going swimming, so I presumed that I would have to do something by myself, a workout or short run.  But when I come back from church Naggy was still just tiding up and she suggested that I come over to hers after I had done by washing and housework and do the bike thing! 

So that was what I did today, 30 minutes on her torture bike in the sitting room, listening to music while watching Sister Act 2 on the telly!  Who says I can't multi task!  Naggy had already done her 30 minutes while I was busy at mine, so she was nicely relaxed and in smug mode by the time I got there!  Last time I only managed to do 20 minutes, with a bit of standing up, but this time I managed to do about 26 minutes, with a bit of standing and then four extra minutes of cool down leg spinning!  The sweat was pouring of me and Jabra lady wasn't satisfied!  She was telling me to reach TE of 3.1 and I only got up to 1.8!  I don't think she was best pleased!  But after I had finished and I checked my stats I realised that actually I had pushed the 'run' button and not the 'static bike' button!  I wonder if that is why Jabra lady wasn't best pleased!

I just loved this tree!

So stats for 11th, 12th and 13th


















































































No comments:

Post a Comment