Monday 7 January 2019

In Two Camps! In Two Minds!

Hello blog readers,

After yesterdays escapades through the fields of Kent, with very sore legs i might add, for my exercise this morning I decided would be......rest! Yup, I rested, I got up late and just did what I had to do.  But this is a Janathon thing this month so of course I did something! 

My title today, 'In Two Camps!' It's because I wasn't quite sure which blog I should be writing it!  So, I am going to do both!  This copy and paste thing comes in quite handy!  My exercises today required me to get my Cycling Gear on!  Yup, I am going on a bike!  The thing is, I am a bit lacking in confidence on my bike, lacking my cycling ass, and also it's bloody dark and cold out!  NaggyNeighbour has this marvellous thing that you can put your bike on and cycle like crazy for well as long as you want!  Pretty cool eh?  Also my new earphones has this workout for a spin session!  So it has to be done!  I went over to Naggy's with my padded cycling pants on, a towel and some water!  Naggy had tried this bike thing the other day and she said its a good work out!

Well, the last time I was on my bike was for a few short minutes some time last year when I rode to parkrun, and before that was.....well months and months ago.  My last cycling blog entry was January 2018!  So my bike has been neglected!  I need to start from the bottom again.......and oh does my bottom need some work done!

Naggy had the bike thing all set up in her sitting room, she has her new cadence thing attached to her bike, she has a story and half to tell you about trying to collect that thing from Halfords! And I was first to go on the new torture equipment!  The second I sat on that saddle I could tell that the nice saddle ass that I built up over the last few years previous to 2018 has now gone!  It was like sitting on a razor blade (she says remembering an old tv ad) Perseverance, that's all it takes. Just start pedalling! 

So her machine is not quite working perfectly, it needs looking at, but for a work out, for getting our legs spinning and for working on a saddle arse, it's perfect!  Naggy did 20 minutes for her first time on the instrument of torture, so I decided that 20 mins is what I will do!  Oh my goodness that first time sitting on that sit!  It brought it all back, the pain in the Old Jack and Danny!  I should have remembered to go commando! Ok, so it was only for twenty minutes, I can do this, just pedal, I don't even have to worry about traffic! Just get those legs spinning!

Well, I started my Jabra earphones, put on some music, appropriate for a spinning class!  I was hoping for motivation, and then I started my exercise!  Naggy, well, she thought it was hilarious, the crying that I was doing about my derriere! She took some pictures of course, and even a short video.  I am glad I amuse her, just wait until she's on there!
Me on the torture equipment

The music was going, Naggy went upstairs to get her gear on and so I just got down to it!  It's harder than I remember....sitting on a bike that is!  If it wasn't for that I am sure I could do more spinning!  I am really going to suffer when I do get my bike out again!  Naggy came down and still laughed and chatted with me "How long have I done?" I said to her, I indicated to my phone.  She got it and I opened up the up, seven minutes!  Seven bloody minutes is all I had done!  It felt like I was on the bike for at least an hour!  So I just concentrated, just 20 minutes, that is all I am doing for my first time back on a bike!  Break myself in slowly....or I will just break myself if I don't!

Twenty minutes, sweat, tears....well no tears, but a sore bum later and it was done!  I checked out my geeky stats on my app and it said 'Training Effect.....Liight'  Fecking ada!  Is that all!  It felt so much harder.  But at least it's another exercise activity done for Janathon!

Geeky stats

Oh and some pictures of Naggy too!  Look at that, she is showing, off taking calls on the bike!



No comments:

Post a Comment