Thursday 17 January 2019

Ducking and Diving.......Cycling.....Ish

Hello blog readers

It is track day, yet somehow me and Naggy kind of talked our way out of going in the cold.  And somehow poos SnappyH got the blame.  We corrected that though, we blamed OFSTEAD.  If SnappyH hadn't had to do OFSTEAD or it could quite have easily have been parents evening, not sure which, then we would have gone to pick her up to go do track!  Instead we decided to stay in the nice warm cosy house and ride her bike on the machine instead! 

It still gives a a nice work out and of course it burns off some calories.  Not only that but all the while we are building up the 'Saddle Arse'.  Come the warmer months we will be 'arse' ready to do a few miles on our bikes and the thing that won't be hurting is our arses!  So I was first on the torture machine, I brought Jabra out to play as well.  I don't have a super douper Garmin that has a static bike setting on it but my new Jabra sports ear phones do! 

I found some good music to listen to while I was away there spinning my little fat legs and Jabra Lady giving me the low down every ten minutes!  She did have a quick word after about five minutes to tell me that I was in 'Light heart rate zone'!  I knew I just had to keep pedalling as much as I can.  No stopping this time, no standing up and deffo no doing less than 30 minutes today, not even a warm down for the last five minutes, I just need to pedal!

Naggy was sat on the sofa watching the telly and keeping a beady eye on me!  Even though I didn't really stop, I kind of kept having to adjust my sitting position on the saddle, and as soon as I did Naggy was looking at me, telling me to keep on going, no stopping!  So now I had a two pronged attack with the nagging!  Jabra lady telling me every 10 minutes that I and In Light zone, when I was feeling like I was in maximum zone (thats 4 zones up from light!)  I know that the bike thing is not as calorie eating as running but it's still something!  That's what I kept saying to myself.

After thirty minutes Jabra lady informed me that I reached the giddying heights of  zone 'Fat burn'.  That's a whole one step up from light!  I will have that, It's all good, that's what I kept saying to myself anyway.  And then, just as I am writing this I have remembered.  I did a 10 minute work out this morning too! That included, Lunges, Planks, Jumping Burpees,  Squats, High Knees, Butt Kickers, Jumping Jacks, Back Lunges,  Crunches, Push Ups. Wall Sit and Rear Lunges.  Some of them were for 20 seconds, some where for 20 reps and some were for 10 reps! Yup, I think that just about covers it!

So two lots of exercises today, that does make up for missing out yesterday and having a rest day instead!  But I am back at it today!  A double, but no running!  I am just glad it's Janathon I am doing and not RED January! Still, as long as it's all exercises it has to be good for us right?

So this is the summery of the last few days Jabra geeky stats, and I have added my run in to Jabra as well!  It looks goods and of course I would only do it if it can be backed up geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment