Tuesday 6 September 2016

Double For A Tuesday!

Hello blog lovers.

Thats right, you read it here first!  A double run for a Tuesday.  The first one was this morning, I was supposed to run back from my grandsons school, as he has now started year 3!  I got into my running gear, or I should say I struggled into my running gear.   I was running a bit late getting ready and I was having 'a moment' as well. I am sure putting on a tight fitting wet suit would have been easier than getting into my lycra!  Then to find out that my grandson was ill and not going to school!  I could have had a lay in, or at least have waited till my 'moment' had passed before trying to get in to my running gear!

So now I had a dillema!  I could not go for a run, I mean it's not as it was something that I did before, and I wasn't dropped off at the school and the only way back was to run.  I was already at home, my planned 2 mile run was cancelled.  With my solo running mojo still out of touch I had to force myself out of the door!  I still planned on doing just a short one, after all I am running in the evening too.

So I ran, just the longer way through my local park, and up Southborough Lane and back home.  That should be about the distance that I would have had to do had I ran back from young Dudes school!  My legs were not ready for it, that was obvious, and it took a while for them to loosen up.  My psyche however took even longer to wake up, if in fact it did wake up!  I wouldn't say it was the best of runs, but they way I am looking at it, I am glad.......maybe that is a bit over zealous description, but I was ok that I went out!  After all what's the alternative, give up?!  Nah, no way.

This is what I would look like if I give up!


No,  that is'nt going to happen.  People have said to me that I am brave putting pictures like that one and this one below, for all to see.  But I would sooner people see me like this
 than the first one!  At least this shows that I am doing something to get fit and stay fit!


So, I shall just change my mind about my morning run, it was a good run just slower!


Club Run

So I turned up for my club run feeling ok.  Looking forward to my run.  I do love leading, at least my club running mojo is still well and truly here!  My running team were all away today, due to holidays and injuries and what not, but I know we will be all ok, I shall make a sweeper out of those who turn up today. 

My route was the flatish one, on the other side of the rail lines.  I say flatish, we do have one cheeky little incline up Kingsway, just at the beginning of our run!  But thats fine, we shall forget all about that once we had done it! Like it was nothing. We did it, like it was nothing, and we did it at a fairly fast pace, well for group 1 anyway!  And today being move up Tuesday!  I let us all gather at the top and then we walked for a bit to gain our breath back.  Then it was back to running!  I took them over the bridge, nice and quietly, just as PhysioMike tells us to run. "Just like Scooby Doo!" is they way he says it.

We ran down Crescent Drive, I was planning on running along Shepperton, but I was too busy chatting and ran passed it!  I had to think on my feet about how to add the extra distance needed to make it a decent group 1 run.  I knew there were some little cul-de-sac's along Tudor way, so that is where we are going to be running, in and out the cul-de-sac's!  It may bring us up to where we need to be.

It was a good run, all run's are good!  That is what I am saying from now on, all runs are good!  And the banter and chat through out is just brilliant!  Love leadig group 1.  So here's our geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment