Wednesday 7 September 2016

Back To The Grindstone!

Hello blog lovers

The kids are back at school, yay!!!! I mean, oh shame, it was so good not having a tidy kitchen! Any way, it does mean that it's back to running, running every single minute I can!  As you probably know, and if you don't, I can't understand how you have missed all my moaning and groaning about it, I am going through this awful thing called 'The Change of Life'  I seriously feel like I am metamorphosing into something that's else, that's for sure! It's not a pretty sight! Most women are just letting it happen, ignoring it's happening, or just not refusing it is happening, but not me!  I'm not liking it one little bit, and I am not being quiet about it either!!  So I am doing everying possitble to try and get rid of symptons!

But right now I feel I am on the brink of becoming like my nanny Drew!  She was a gorgeous lady, don't get me wrong, loved her dearly. She had brightly orange coloured hair, huge pink lips and she was round, oh so very round!  But everyone's nanny was like that in those days, weren't they?  She was always with a bag of sweets for us all!   My nanny used to sit in a chair breathing heavy after a walk around the shop!  I don't want to be a round nanny! I don't want to be breathing heavy going up the stairs, like I used to back in my fat, round days!

No this Old Girl here is going to be a fit nanny,  and it's going to be hard work!  I need to be wearing a mask as well, to stop myself stuffing food in my mouth!  Anyway, I am surrounding myself with my good friends to help me.  Naggy Neighbour, my friends at my running club, and the Old Boy, when he's feeling better.  Today I was with Tanya!  We used to always meet up on a Wednesday afternoon with Tracy, before the school holidays, and now we are meeting up again!

I met up with Tanya and little Max at Normans Park.  The heat wave thingy the forecasters predicted seemed to be in full force this afternoon, and I knew it was going to be pretty tough, but for our half mile warm up we was in the shade! Hmm, maybe I should have gone around the the other way instead.  Start nice and slowly in the sun and put in the effort when we got to the shade! Oh well too late!

We only did two laps, way to warm really, and little Max's tongue was hanging out.  But the first lap we did non stop, the second one, there was a couple of walking bits!  I am just glad I am back on the road..........paths.......trails and whatever else I shall be running on........to fitness!

Now, about this diet........?

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment