Monday 2 May 2016

Chasing Chocolate On Bank Holiday Monday!

Hello blog lovers

How did that happen.  Well let me tell you!  Yesterday evening, chatting away to NaggyNeighbour like you do, and she mentioned that she was going to go for a run in the morning.  I liked the sound of that and so before you could say lace up your trainers we had arranged to meet at 8:30 this morning.  THIS MORNING! A BANK HOLIDAY! A day where I should be laying in, not thinking about anything apart from where to go for lunch.....after I got up!

I had to set the alarm!  The Old Boy had no plans on getting up early so it was all down to me to make sure I was up in time!  It seemed to have come around all too quickly!  I got myself ready, looked out of the window and I saw what the morning had in store for us! It was nothing like yesterday, that's for sure!  It was grey, and a tad chillier that it was yesterday!  Oh well, just as well we are planning on running for 4 miles then, that should keep us warm!

I knocked at her door and I could see that she was expecting the sun too, short shorts on!  We set off, with her bringing Chocolate, after setting our Garmins and headed for our run.  We had our two routes kind of intermingled with each other, that was our plan of sorts.  Usually Naggy runs around the park and then runs around the other park, where as I usually hit the roads and run to Norman Park, so this morning we combined the two.

We ran up the path and then left to go through the park once we got to five posts. We were still warming up, just a nice steady run.....so far.  We were both saying that we haven't don't this for so long it was just so nice to get out and run and chat together.  She has been doing parkrun as well, something that I will continue to do as well, now that the beginners course has finished!  Until the next beginners course that is!

We came out of the park and started our bit of road running, towards the A21.  I was still managing, only just to stay with Naggy as ran just ahead of me, with Chocolate!  I was glad I had a cuppa this morning, wth sugar, because right then chocolate would have been devoured!  Well, not really, but when you have chocolate on your brain it just starts the munchies!  We ran along the A21 with me now behind, Naggy hadn't heard of the technique that we use with the beginners, you now, walking bits! "Non stop Old girl, that's what we got to aim for!" she says.

I took this picture of Naggy running with Chocolate!
I was chasing them all the way to the park.  I caught up with them, I think because Naggy slowed down a bit to let Chocolate off the leash!  We were then running together, not too bad a pace but we were certainly going faster than I have been for a while!  We were just going to run around once and then head off home, that should be about 4 miles, give or take a few feet!

As we were running down the long straight, towards the play park she started to pull away again.  I was playing catchup "Come on, don't stop running, catchup" she said.  I started smiling, ahh, I remember those days. Memories come flooding back into my mind of when we used to ran together a couple of years back, her constantly telling me to keep up, to not stop, to keep going!  In fact all the things that i tell the beginners and my mates!  It just goes to remind me of just how running is quite tough going, but it is also your mind that tells you to stop running, not your body!

As we were running up the other long straight towards hook farm, Naggy and Chocs were in front of me, and I was again playing chase.
I think it was just along here
I saw Moy!
 I was really trying hard to keep up, not to get too far behind her and also to try and not stop!  I heard my name being called, and I looked and I say Moy!  She was heading for the Ted Pepper 10k!  I said hi to her and pretended to collapse in her arms as I pointed out Naggy that I was chasing, (at least I think I pretended!)
Help me!!! 

We ran out of the park and headed on home via Crown lane Spur and Southborough Lane.  It was down here that someone tooted in the car, I took a quick glimpse and saw someone waving and smiling. In my fuzzled mind I didn't know who it was and just waved back, I hoped I was smiling!

Naggy was still in front and once we got to the Chequers I called her back so that we could run through Magpie Hall lane and into the park, it will be quicker to get to the park, we can still run all the way round.  Chocs could then run free from the leash again!  "Ok," she said "But no more walking, no more stopping!" I agreed!  I was determined to do as much running as I could, and its not that far to go, so I got it into my mind that I can run for the rest of the way!

It was a good run!  I really enjoyed it.  Sometimes it's good to run with someone who is faster than you, as much as it 'hurts'!  The hurt is all in the mind, it's the mind that says "Slow down, take a rest, you can't do this" But when you ignore that you find that you can do it!  I am going to work on this, all through the summer at parkrun with Naggy and Tracy and all the other 650 runners who turn up to run!

Me, Karin and Chocolate!

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment