Thursday 5 May 2016

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Run!

Hello blog readers

A beautiful morning greet me this morning, blue sky, sun shining and warm!  A perfect day for running.  I went down to the rec to see who would be showing up to run with me this morning.  I was actually feeling a bit tired!  I feel a rest day coming on for tomorrow, but today, this morning it just screamed out to be out there running.

I was just a couple of minutes late, and the car park seemed pretty full, but I managed to find a space.  There were quite a few people there, DiscoRich and his crew and me with mine.  Trish wanted a nice gentle 'just let me enjoy this sunshine' run as she had just got back, an hour before, from Edinburgh! I know, and I was thinking I'm nuts for running 4 days on the trot so far!  Diane was totally kidnapped to go running in DiscoRichs group, but me and Trish still had some company.  Janet, ZippySherry and Tracey were there.

I had a route in mind, a mission in fact, to find the right path that I needed to get to the housing estate with the big house, going in the opposite direction that I normally go.  The way that I am I had planned for today!  I had this idea that I will do the route, in the usual manner and then just take notes, look at things, get landmarks, and then when I want to run this in the opposite direction I would know!

We went in through Dog Poo ally and ran to the left, followed the rail lines all the way to the top of the path that leads to Botany Bay Lane.  But we will turn left once we got to the stream so that we can 'enjoy' running up Goss hill.  Can you tell I am still trying to convince myself that I really love running up hills!  I was struggling at bit, my legs were tired, and I was feeling tired.  Deffo a rest day tomorrow!

Getting up Goss Hill is a huge challenge for me, and also from Tracey and Janet.  ZippySherry and Trish really enjoyed the hill!  They managed to run up the whole way while us three did it in two!  I took a little break once at the top!  The next bit seemed to go by pretty well, with running and walking sections.  We got to the top of Botany Bay lane, (the other end) and ran along to the Tigers Head and then all the way down to Opington Road. No Scadbury today, I'm on a mission, so it was straight through the road on the right and then run till we got to the woods.

I took a photo opportunity (mainly to have a break!) but then we started running again and just looking around was just stunning.


Once we started running again we came out on to the path that I just knew we would be on!  So why can I not find it when I go in the other direction!  It was then that the girls said, "why not take a picture of the right path"  What an absolute numpty I am at times!  Why didn't I think of that!  Anyway, to show you all that it was their brilliant idea I got them to point the way!  I think I usually take the wrong path just where behind the girls, which leads out further along the road!


Feeling totally satisfied and confident that I could find this path again we chatted and ran and walked the rest of the way back! Not the way that I had planned though, as I decided I wanted to go down the Rhododendron path, just so that I know where that is when its in bloom! And look what we saw!  Stunning, I just had to grab another picture.  We started running again, oh and just to let you know, its too early for the Rhododendrons to be out!


But boy, was I blimmin knackered by the time we got back!

Here's our geeky stats!




No comments:

Post a Comment