Thursday 7 April 2011

Up, Up and Away!!

Hello blog readers.

Today is a gorgeous day, the sun is shining, its warm, and I'm not working. What is a girl to do! So, after house work, shopping, delivering shopping! Chemist run and banks to visit, I thought I would definitely be in the mood for a run!

By the time I had done all my chores it was quite warm out indeed! But it has to be done, I expect to be going for a bike ride later on with the Old Boy, so no time for things to cool down.

IPOD plugged into lug holes, Garmin on wrist, shoes on feet. Time to go. I was quite looking forward to running today, I need to have a good run, get rid of stress, worries, and just think about nothing else but running. Not that I have a lot of stress, but still have worries.

Running up the road I had remembered what I had written on Facebook, about continuing the hill on the way back. Old Couch potato face was of course trying to creep into my thoughts, "Surely you don't mean today, not before the fun run on Sunday?" was the thoughts going through my head. "Well, there is no time like the present" I thought to myself, as I cut old couchie up into saute spuds!

I had some good tunes going on in my ears, kept me going and kept all other thoughts from creeping in. Just running, that's all I want to do, think about running. That first mile soon came and I was onto the second. The sun beating down on me, making me sweat, I must try and find my cap, I haven't a clue where it went, but it sure dids help to keep the sweat from going in my eyes.

You all know what I am going to say, I couldn't do the whole route non stop. My excuse is that I am saving myself for the fun run, I don't want to risk any injury, do I? And besides, it really is a very warm day. Note to self (again) Bring Water!

Like I have said, an empty head today, just running, so my thoughts were just concentrated on "Why have you stopped" "Get going, whats the problem now" and "I can't run anymore, its too hot" I ran at my usual pace, and then I got back to Oxhawth again!

"Right Old Girl, you know what you have to do?" take a deep breath "You're to change to a new usual route now" Its only about another half a mile add on, but it is the continuation of Oxhwath hill. I have to run across Farringdon, and continue up Crescent Drive. Couch potato head was having another go "If you must do the hill, turn down Hitchhikers road" I was seriously thinking of doing that. When I first looked up the hill on the way out, I though I would just go to the first right turn and then run down there.

But, as I was running up there I saw that the hill actually continued further! If I am going to run this hill I have to do the whole of it! So I ran past Prescot Avenue and ran as hard as I could to get to the next turn right. I was smiling as I passed Prescot, it was like sticking my tongue out at old couch potato, I felt really good! Of course it was bloomin hard! I was having to wring out my hankie every time I mopped my head! My ear phones kept on slipping out of my ears, and I had a constant drip into my eyes. But yes, I was feeling good!

I kept going then turned right, a little bit more running and turn right. All flat roads, it felt good. And the next road is going to be down hill! I was almost smiling as I was getting closer and closer to Hollingworth! I have decided that from the top of Hollingworth until I get to my door now, is my new 'No Stopping What So Ever' part of my route. My legs were complaining like made, I was guessing that this is as far as the top of Farringdon is to my door, so it needs to be done.

As I was nearing my road, I was thinking that maybe this is going to be a fairly good time. I am going to have to look at my geeky stats to compare a similar distance to check it out, but, at least next time I run this I can compare then.

All the way to my door, running, running. My beetroot coloured, wet face felt as it were about to burst into flames, just got to get up to my door now. There done it.

I just took a look at my Garmin dashboard, and a similar distance, with less elevation gain, running with the club on the 1st of March was slower than this run today! So I guess this is a PB over this distance, of just over a minute and half!! Wow, even bigger smile now! :-D

Yeah, I think that went well. I am feeling pretty good now.

Geeky stats,

No comments:

Post a Comment