Thursday 14 April 2011

I Feel Great Today!

Hello bloggers,

I woke up this morning feeling good, I had lots planned today, jogging, shopping, a little house work, then visiting my sisters. To top it off a bike ride with the Old Boy!

First of today's activities was my jog. I knew my route today, it was going to be straight up to Petts Wood, no going down Oxhawth Crescent. With that I mind I set off, Garmin, music blaring, and a cheery wave to naggy, who was ecstatic about having a troublesome tree come down.

It was a little cloudy outside, and it was also slightly raining. I was hoping that it wouldn't pour down, but I had made a decision that if it does rain then I shall stay out until the run has finished.

I really was having a nice time running, but I am still stopping on route! And I tell myself off for stopping, but yet I still do it. I know I will get over it, I just don't know when. But each time I strive to do it.

On the run back, I pass Oxhwath crescent, then passed top Oxhwath. I wasn't to phased about it, I was looking forward to getting to the top of the hill, even if I didn't run all the way.

I smiled when I got to the top, knowing now its all virtually down hill. I kept going at my usual pace, the whole jog/walk thing, but when I got to the top of Hollingworth, well, that is my new 'no stopping' part of my run.

When I got back to my house, the tree across the way was virtually branch less, wow, those guys worked quickly! And it looks so different!

So just the shopping to do, and then visit the sisters. We had such a good laugh! It was great to get together! Another reason for another smile.

Then it's evening time. A cycle ride with the Old Boy. He is still not feeling a hundred percent. But he wanted to keep up the regime of going out, so we decided on a short route. And of course, the Old Boy chose off road again. He just loves his woods, and trees, and trails! Give me tarmac all the time! But it was good.

We went through the woods near us, I haven't been through those woods for such a long time. I am sure the paths were a lot wider last time I was through here! There are all sorts of ruts and muddy holes on the paths, and the Old boy is finding little paths to avoid them, but I keep missing them, as all I am looking at is the bit of ground in front of and by the time I realise it I am in the sh...... middle of a big muddy pool!

I was quite pleased when we emerged out of the other side on to wonderful tarmac! We stayed on tarmac for quite a while. On busy roads, on quiet roads, but lovely, lovely roads! We also stopped off for another refreshing drink as well! The same place that we stopped last time.

After our pint, it was getting darker, but we still decided to go though the woods to get home. I didn't mind this so much as again its all down hill. But of course, its all down hill on trails, and paths! Avoiding tree routes and the such! And after having a pint of lager too!

All to soon though, our bike ride was coming to an end and we were nearly home. Riding down Blackbrook lane, I am still feeling totally good today! Sometimes you just get days like that! Lets hope it continues tomorrow!

Geeky stats



No comments:

Post a Comment