Monday 18 April 2011

A Relaxing Run!?

Hello Blog lovers,

I guess you are wondering about the title of today's blog, I know when I put it up on facebook as my status, it got Smarty pants wondering.

But when you think about it, it is true. Because if I stayed in doors, then I have the housework to do, the washing, some shopping, putting the clothes away, maybe a bit of tidy up the garden, nag big sone to get out of bed! And that is just off the top of my head! But being out on the road and running, I can't do any of those things, I only have one thing to do, and one thing to concentrate on and one thing to think about, so much more relaxing than being in one place, don't you think

So I got ready to have my relaxing run. My IPOD was on the red. Now will it last the whole run, or am I going to have to sing to myself on the last mile or so. Petts Wood watch out!

I set off with a smile on my face, I am not bothered about the times, and how well I am doing, I know I am getting fitter, just because I can extend my route just a tad more, even if I do still stop and walk for some of it (Sorry Naggy, I'm still doing that) But I tried waiting till I can run the whole 3 miles straight out first, but I was getting impatient with myself, so I just extended it anyway. It don't matter, does it!

I was running along just listening to my IPOD, I wasn't even concerned whether it would last on the outward run, it was just nice to get out. It seems as if I was the only one out jogging this morning, maybe others had done theirs earlier on, or maybe waiting till later this evening, I will just have to use the walkers to keep me going. Because I try never to be walking if I spot a jogger in the distance!

Turnping lane reached and now for the homeward jouney. I'm still feeling good, and the IPOD is still giving me some tunes to keep me jogging. Wow, I think I have my challenge now. Get home before the IPOD is out of battery! So now I have that to think about, half way through my relaxing run, I give myself another thing to think about, tut, typical!

Heading up Southborough Lane again now, passing the two Oxhawths, and still doing the walk/jog scenario, but I'm still there, I still know that I can get to the end of this route in under the hour, in fact under 52 minutes! Oh well there you go, look what I done. I have giving myself another thing to think about, so now I have the running to think about, getting back before the IPOD fails, and getting there in under 52 minutes. What on earth will I be like on a marathon! I would probably be sorting out the worlds economics.......no Old Girl, don't even start to think about that!

Before to long I was up into Petts Wood! Wow! That's good, just the homeward bound jog to go now, and its all down hill! The IPOD still going, and I decided to be 'lazy' and not look at my watch to check out the time, too much pressure, who needs that, right!

I love running down Hollingworth, it was one of the roads that I used to run 'up' and now its the last bit of my jog home, and it's part or my 'no stopping what so ever' part of my jog.

There, done it, the IPOD lasted, and it's still going, and ......well, just check out the geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment