Tuesday 5 April 2011

4 Mile Club Run.

Hello blogers,

That's right, a four mile club run today, the route our group leader chose was a 4 miler. she said she couldn't get this route to her usual 3.75 distance! But hey ho, its on my manor! I should have the advantage!

It was the first time running with Hitchhiker jogger, since January! She has decided that she might like to join the PWR's as well. Well, let me tell you, she had me fooled. She did brilliantly!

The first mile or more or our run I managed to keep up with her, and keep in front of some of the other members of our group too, another first for me. All the way from where we meet up in the park to......the first pub on my route! This run tonight was going to be a battle of the mind as well as the body!

I was totally pleased that I reached the first 'official stop' by the pub, in front of the group leader! The group today wasn't very big either, just maybe 10 'improver's' in group one today, but I was not the last person for a change. Of course that all changed. On the second half of our run today. We had to do the whole thing virtually in reverse! Up hill! The hill that I run up on most of my runs. Not only that but there was Oxhawth to deal with as well! Only this time, not stopping the ascent to Pettswood by turning down Farringdon, my home, where my dinner will be cooking! No, we were going straight up to Petts Wood!

It was a killer hill, I have never gone straight up there before, but, strangely, I am thinking that maybe I should include that into my 'usual runs now, as part of my training. As the Old Boy says, I got to push myself, no good staying in the comfort zone! So next time I am out, I think I will add that bit of the hill in, and make that my new usual route!

Of course I had a couple of stops again, before the third official, 'gather everyone up' stop. From this point though, it was virtually straight forward and the group leader said that who ever wants to run a faster pace can or a slower pace! but not to change the route. Of course I chose the latter option.

The group leader took over the role of back marker and ran along side me. And again she said to me that my last mile is always better than my second mile! And its true, I have no idea why. When I look back at my jog spots, its shows, my second or middle section of runs is always flagging! Strange!

Anyway, we did 4 miles today, and I think I did pretty well! I think, it has been a while since I ran for 4 miles!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment