Thursday 28 April 2011

A Brilliant Run Today!

Hello Bloggers.

There has been a distinct lack of exercise in this household of late, a drought even. It must have been the warm weather! But today I got my head together and got out and ran with Naggy.

She did say to me, "Where shall we go" So I said about my new usual route, up to Turpington, Greenway, back up to Petts Wood, and the she said, "Good, I have something different in mind" "Well, why ask?" I said to her. Naggy thought that doing the same route has this Psyche thing happening in my one brain cell. And that the places where I stop jogging and start walking is kind of pre destined to happen now, and that I need to mix things up, and go somewhere different.

Well, it seems she was right (as always). The first mile was not too bad, well, even I know I can do that! We were heading up Blackbook Lane, I checked my watch (again) to see the time, only this time Naggy didn't tell me off for looking, she asked what the distance was. When I told her she said "Right we can either turn left at the round about, left again and then left again, and then go back up to Petts Wood that way" Well, I thought about it, as I continued to run, and then she gave the alternative "Or we can turn right, go through the park, and to Petts Wood that way" It has to be the park, doesn't it? I mean, there are two of us, it is still light out, and its a summer! of course running through parks is the best thing, ever!

So after I breathlessly said through the park I got back to concentrating on my breathing, which is the one thing that Naggy listens to when we run together. The whole moaning that 'I can't do it', or the 'my legs are hurting' seem to go right over her head, in fact the louder I complain the less she hears! But my breathing, she can hear, and that is what keeps her nagging me to run or that I am doing really well, or to get my breathing back under control!

So through the park we went. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself for getting this far without stopping, but naggy was saying stuff like "Its not far now, you done pretty well, keep this up and we will soon be home, non stop all the way" Blimey, I was hoping she was going to take pity on me, as I had done so well, but, I didn't think that will happen! So I just thought about the end. I kept thinking, "I can do this, I can do this" Naggys voice drifting through my thoughts, "You're doing well, that's it, keep it going. You are going to be so pleased when you get back knowing that you ran the whole way"

We were soon out of the park, and on the road heading for Petts Wood. Even I know there is only a mile to go now. Just one more mile, that's all I have to do. I have kept the same pace, more or less, the whole way. I haven't tried to speed up, and I don't think I have slowed down too much, at least it didn't feel like it!

Now we are on the last leg home, not far at all now, and I'm sill running. Naggy told me not to stop running while we waited to cross roads, I had to keep jogging, even its it jogging on the spot, no rest for the wicked here! As it happened when we need to cross the roads, they were empty, so not even a chance to have a sneaky rest!

Running down Woodhurst now, and the Garmin 'beeped' "Is that the 3rd mile" says Naggy, I took at look at my Garmin, "Yes, that is the third one" I said, "Yes, you done it, you have ran 3 miles non stop at a good pace, don't stop" she had to add that bit, "You will be so pleased with yourself when you get back" she said.

I must admit, I was smiling now. When she had said that I had to treat Woodhurst like I do Farringdon, i.e. "This is my new no stopping what-so-ever" part.I just had to take the bull by the horns and go for it! We just ran and ran. Naggy was right, I can do this. I just got to concentrate, my breathing is slightly erratic, but three miles would do that to me! Keep going, so what if my legs are feeling heavy, I can still breath! so what if my energy is zapping away, there is always more in the reserve tank! Keep going Old Girl, Keep Going. Blimey you are going to be so pleased with yourself when you get home!

Not long and we were running down Farringdon, we were running towards our road! Turning up our road, a huge smile, well kind of, on my face, running towards Naggys house now, (she always makes me run to her house, its just that little bit further) but from somewhere I found that extra bit, maybe it was the reserve tanks, but I sprinted up to her house!

'Friggin A Man!' Oh yes!!!! Howz that! Blimey, I am so pleased with my effort today, maybe having a good few days off is just what I needed! But, what is even better is the geeky stats! Not one of the miles was over 12:30 min pace! That hasn't happened for a quite a while......if ever!

Check out the geeky stats!

No comments:

Post a Comment