Wednesday 20 April 2011

Club Run!

Hello Bloggers

Well as you know I was a bit late yesterday for writing up my blog. We, that is the Petts Wood runners, were having the presentations for the club members. I thought I would pop along and show support and find out what it was all about. I am glad I did, it was great fun.

But Of course the presentations were 'after' our runs, so can you imagine what it was like the in wine bar that we had taken over. Some of the runners live fairly close to the bar, so managed to get home and changed even have a chemical shower! i.e. a spray of deodorant.

Any way I digress, the run yesterday was through the woods. The first one for me this year, with the running club, but they did go last week through the woods, but I didn't go of course. The weather was absolutely perfect, it was warm yet there was a slight cool breeze. But of course I was absolutely sweltering! The woods seem to hold the heat in, and the ground was of course 'woodlands' So I was concentrating on the tree roots and dips and all sorts on the ground. You can tell I'm a townie, cant you!

Not only that but the route was also up hill. I haven't really don't too much hill training, the little include that is now included in my usual run does not compare to the hill that our group run leader was taking us up. It is part of the Petts Wood 10k that I did last year, and it's a bit of the route that we actually ran down, and was a welcome relief on the 10k route. But this time, we were running up it.

I did fairly ok, but I did have to walk the last little bit. It was just too steep! And then it was even more up hill when we got to the farm road!

But by then I knew who my back markers were, and it was a chap that was recovering from injury/surgery, so he was taking it very easy!

It was a very pleasant run through the woods at Chislehurst, but we were a little further away from the pack. There was three of us, and because of the chat, we kind of missed which way the pack ran. We knew the general direction, if we kept the road to our right fairly close then we wouldn't get lost.

We got back in about 45 minutes. We hung about the pavilion for some of the other groups to come back then we all headed down to Bradleys for the club celebrations and presentations of trophy's! A great time time! Maybe I may even enter the Grand Prix myself!

But today, I thought I would take it easy. I didn't go out for a run. I have been running and cycling quite a bit, I think. So a rest day for me. But after doing, a bit of gardening at my church, some running around for my daughter, and a bit of housework, plus wash the cars, me and the Old Boy decided to go for just a very short, leisurely shake of the legs type of bike ride. And we headed for a lovely pub in Hayes, only about 2 and half miles away, through the common and the parks.

The Old Boy did tell me not to write this bit, but when he saw some rabbits on the path while we were on the way home, he decided to go down that path to see some more! But he wasn't quite sure where it would take us. And for once in my entire life, my bearings were on top form, and I said that this path would take us out to Barnet Wood Road!! Guess what, I was right!

It was a good ride home, and we did have a couple of pints in us by then! Not sure it that is allowed actually, and I might have to retract this statement after consulting my solicitor!

But it was a very nice evening ride!

Geeky stats for yesterdays jog, (I didn't take the Garmin out with me today on the bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment