Tuesday 22 February 2011

Unexpected 20 Miler With The Old Boy

Hello Blogers

Well, I have been totally blond this month with dates. I wrote all my courses that I need to do for work on this months dates instead of next month.

I should have gone running with the club, as I have not been running with them for a while, but because of all the mix up, I ended up saying that I would go with the Old boy for a ride instead. Oh well. It's my age you know!

Me and the Old Boy got all togged up in our cycling outfits, head lamps flashing, bike lights flashing. We looked the dogs, oh yes!! He is going to take me on his 20 mile route, I have already done this route, but in two sections! And now I will see how they both fit together.

I was feeling pretty ok, considering I didn't think I was going to do any exercise at all today, I wasn't mentally prepared, but maybe sometimes that a good thing. I mean 20 miles, during an evening, for an old couch potato is quite daunting really. But we set off, through the path and up to dear old turn around lamppost, and the along the A21.

Although I have rode this part o many times now, it still gets me puffing a little. The Old Boy seems to have no trouble with it. Well, I'm guessing he has no trouble with it, he is behind me. He don't want me 'dissing' him on my blog. As if I do that! Do I do that...? No, I am very nice to all my family and friends who drag my sorry backside around a running or cycle course! And I really do appreciate each and every one. From the still quiet voices to the loud screaming, "No Stopping" from Naggy Neighbour!

I know where we are going, I know, it makes a change! But who can get lost on straight roads, right. All the way up now to the Halstead turn off. A lovely clear road again to be able to cross over(I did have a word with Him beforehand and asked Him to take care of things like that!) And there we were. Heading towards Badgers Mount. A monotonous steadily climbing road! It is fairly quite down here, but just soooooo boring!!

We soon good to the roundabout at the end, with a last ditch scream coming from me about how boring and hard this road seemed. Then we turned left and made our way home. This is the fast part of the road. So we pulled over just by the sign for Badgers Mount, I must remember to bring my camera and get a picture of me there. Such vanity! So a nice ride down now, all the way, virtually, to Crittals corner from here. The Old Boy was in the lead now, he obviously had enough of looking at my backside, but when we were riding down Sevenoaks Way I was gaining on the Old Boy, and was having to pull up on my brakes!! I could have overtook him, but I decided to let him lead the way. I remember the 'ramp' at the end of this section of road, and I was thinking if I cant make, then I can have a sneaky stop!

I did cycle all the way though, which I was pretty pleased about. Well, when you have joggers coming at you in the opposite direction you got to look good right!

From here the time seemed to fly by. I was enjoying the whole ride from here. The roads were busy, but both me and the Old Boy were lit up like Christmas trees so easily can be seen!

Chislehurst, the Pettswood seemed to arrive quickly, and soon we were flying down Southborough Lane, going through the park is the norm now. The Old Boy still thinks his bike not running right, so time to take them in for the first service. We have done some miles on our bikes already!!!

So geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment