Sunday 20 February 2011

Naggy Naggy Naggy, Oi Oi Oi!

Hello blog lovers,

Well today is Sunday, after a very boozy Friday, and lazy, (but still done something) Saturday, I was planning on not doing anything today, especially after our 60th celebration of our church! All that food, and cakes, and puddings!!!

So I just got back from my church after tiding up, and I sat with a cup of tea, and just then got a text from Naggy Neighbour! "Have you done your run" yet, she wrote. I replied, "No not yet" just so that I sounded like I was going to do something, and then she said "Oh good, I shall come along with you" Oh blimey! Now I do have to go. "Ok, meet you in 15 mins" I texted back. That should be enough time for the tea to settle, right?

I got changed into my gear, and put my new running top on. And as it was still damp and horrid outside I thought I would wear my new luminous green cycling jacket as well. It said it was water resistant! When I opened the door to Naggy, I almost blinded her with my coat. I should have warned her really.

"So where we going" says Naggy, "Oh just my usual route" I said. Lets see if I can get around this whole route with her naggy me. The first obstacle was the hill of course. I managed to get to the top more or less, before I had to reach in my pocket for my snot collector!! Other wise I was in danger of slipping to the bottom of the hill in it!! I know, not a nice thought! But dear Naggy wasn't stopping. So as soon as the deed was done, I had to play catch up. And that is how naggy kept the whole jog going today.

I did stop another time, but again naggy just kept going, and so I just had to run and keep up with her. We were soon in Pettswood. I have run most of the way, I don't think my time will be any faster, but I'm pretty sure it will still be under 40 mins, which to me, is still an achievement! I am old couch potato you know! But from Pettswood, after we had crossed over the walk over bridge, I was non stop all the way home! Can you believe that, I think I did slow down to a walking pace, but Naggy said that If I did that again, the she was going to add on another mile, and we ere going to go through the park!! I didn't want to go on further that what I had in my head. Maybe next time, yeah, next time I will let Naggy choose the route, yeah, that's a good idea. She can take me out of my comfort zone then!

Now, hopefully she won't have read that bit, because I know that she is available to run in the evenings all next week!!! Gulp!

But, I must admit, having someone to run with does keep me on my toes, just like riding my bike with the Old Boy, and he goes pass the roads I would have taken to take a shorter route home! I am a lazy mare!! I admit it! But I am working on it, and, strangely still enjoying it. Even when I'm running now, and not just afterwards! Yes very strange.

Naggy kept me going up the slight incline on Oxhawth, the threat of going through the park was still there. It just would have been the other way around it now! And soon we were on the 'Road That I dare not stop on' This is the discipline that I have given myself. I know I can't stop on this road. I check the time, and Naggy says "This is not about time, its about getting all the way home, non stop from Pettswood" And then it dawned on me, blimey, I have just ran from Pettswood, all the way here, and now I know I can't stop, I have just ran the last 1.5 miles non stop!

I know I am going to be able to do a whole 5k non stop soon. It may have taken me longer than most people to get there, but slow and steady is how I will achieve it.

So geeky stats for my run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment