Monday 28 February 2011

A Punishment Ride!

Hi blog readers.

Well I cant remember the last time I wrote me blog,........Yes I know that I only have to look back, but I was being rhetorical! I had a blinding weekend. Lovely evening out the Old Boy on Friday, boozy dancing on Saturday night with the girls, and lovely lazy Sunday with my Auntie.

I really wasn't looking forward to going out riding, it was cold and damp, and cold! It really was cold. I have beening living in my house for a week with no heating, you would have thought I was acclimatised with it, but of course I wasn't.

We got all togged up in gear, then turned out lights on. Well, the old boy had washed our bikes on Saturday, and didn't remove the lights! Fortunately my light still works, even though it was on for hours before I noticed it! So the battery is a little low, but the Old Boys light just didn't work. Lucky he has the other one!

So we set off down the lane towards TAL, then we going to go through Bromley, turn left and head towards Hayes. All the while searching out a shop that sells the batteries for my light! So we did have a couple of stops, and also a couple of stops because my baby brother was calling me!

I did struggle a little on some of the hills, I was going slower, I did noticed that, but like I said, I had a brilliant weekend!! Now I have to pay!

When we went through Hayes, I wanted to try riding up the really dark road, you know the one, where the Old boy lost me, and I took the well lit road instead, and ended up a the Greyhound Pub, (typical, I really should have popped in for a pint!) I changed the head lamp from flashing to full beam, took the diffuser down and the road was perfect for me to ride down! I could see the end of the road, I knew I wasn't riding in the middle of it, (drivers drive quite fast up this road even though its dark!)and also I could see I wasn't going to go crashing off at the side of the road!. Just A brilliant head light.

We made our way to Locksbottom, the Old Boy was behind me all the way, his back light was brighter than mine. Then straight across the A21, the Old Boy has since told me that going down the A21 would be quicker to get home from Locksbottom, but then he wants us to put in the miles, so we are taking the longer route, with hills, up towards Crofton road.

When we turned left to head on home I said to the Old Boy, "I think I will take the short cut home, and not going through Pettswood, I'm cold, and my feet are numb" "That's just excuses" was his reply. I wasn't to pleased about that, but I wasn't go to let him get away with that either. I am dedicated to getting fit, and I can do this, and of course I want it to be fun as well though, but I will show him I can do it. So I rode on through Pettswood High Street and down Southborough. Yeah that will show him!

I was so glad to get home tonight. Get in, get warm, have dinner and a cupper and write me blog. Yes I am glad that I went out, I needed to get back into the swing of things, so the Old Boy was right in dragging my ass out!! Thanks hun! (There, thats not a 'diss' is it?)

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment