Thursday 19 August 2010

Tired, Achy, But Still Happy.

Hi blog stoppers,

Just a quick run today to feed my mates cats. This is supposed to be my cycling day, but my second born needed me to mind the stubborn one, my complete workout dude. He has me running, jumping, carrying, picking up, feeding and making 'tea please' the whole time. Occasionally, just to get him to sit for five minutes, we have a burst of 'TimmyTime' Its the only way I get to drink a cup of tea! So today, instead of cycling, the dude has helped me with washing, and sweeping. Its a dangerous job letting a 17 month old loose with a floor sweep!

I was hoping to go for a cycle before I did my shopping but my plans quite didn't work out like that today, so I thought instead I would see how fast it took me to run to my mates house, do a bit of speed work. Well, yes, I did run, just, hmm, not as fast as I wanted to, my thoughts as I was heading up the road was,........... "OH THE PAIN, THE PAIN" My legs were hurting really bad. They felt like they had been filled with lead. The just wouldn't run as fast as I wanted them to.

I was timing this run with my mobile phone stopwatch, and as I got to the post box to post my letter (See, multi tasking me! It can be done!) I decided to look at the text message that came on my phone as I was running. Silly, Silly mistake. Why? Because when I did that it stopped the stopwatch function! Tut. Oh well, just run along and just enjoy it.

I was at my mates house and I noticed a cyclist going up the hill, quite fast, standing up, (something that I just can't do) and I remembered that I should have been out today on my bike. Oh well tomorrow, I shall be out on my bike tomorrow, having lunch at my favourite pub in Downe village.

Oh well, feed the cats and then time the run back. Ok, so its down hill slightly, so it will be faster, so I shall just times the whole thing by two and add on a minute, I think that's fair, don't you.

I started running back with my calves hurting like crazy, trying to get these lumps of lead that are my legs, to move like they are as light as feathers. I kept telling myself not to look at any texts if they came, and just go as fast as my legs could go.

8.31 minutes! to get from mates house to my door! so times by two is 17.02 add 1 minute, makes about 18.02 mins to run 1.49 miles. Wow, school wasn't a total waste of time, (and Now I expect some people will say I have that sum wrong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment